Goldfrapp - Tales of Us

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just wondered if anyone has listened to Goldfrapp's new album 'Tales of Us' yet? Downloaded from their site and just grabbing a first listen. Download is at 44/24 bit quality and costs £8.99. It also is available in vinyl and special edition box set.

Very different from previous albums. SQ appears to be good. Musically rather interesting too. The words 'evocative' or 'poignant' spring to mind although it certainly won't be everybody's cup of tea!

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It's going back to a more introspective sound not a million miles from Felt Mountain. Early days for me - have imported it into iTunes. SQ seems good but is being down-converted to 16/48 over ATV.

manicm

I've heard snippets of it. It may hark back to Felt Mountain but without the spontaneity or inventiveness. It's too measured, too calculated. Maybe they're deliberately targeting a narrower audience - but who exactly is this audience? Not their best album as far as I can hear.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not exactly going to set a party alight in the same way as say Black Cherry but I know from experience not to draw too many conclusions from a first & incomplete hearing as opposed to a good listen. I've written music off in the past to discover it later. I've had instant gratification from some to tire of it quickly. I suspect this one will grow on me.

ADDED
On my 1st proper listen - beautiful. As a friend TXTd - chill

TRENDING THREADS