Getting from vinyl to the iPod

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm keen to transfer my vinyl collection onto my iPod, and I've just read in Which? Magazine that all I need is a lead from my hifi to my laptop. I've always thought I needed some sort of analogue to digital box between the two, The mentioned free software from Audacity.

The system is LP12 & Rotel amp.

Thanks,

Terry

A

Anonymous

If you want to record it at a decent quality then you will need an Audio Interface that supports RCA in. There are a heap on the market that use both firewire and usb connections.

Furthermore you will need recording software.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Unless you're using a USB turntable (which you're not), you'll certainly need more than a lead to get decent quality.
emotion-3.gif

We found this little box of tricks an excellent vinyl-to-computer option; comes with everything you need, including software, cabling etc. It got a five-star review a few years back; i'll see if I can get the review put online.

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure you can do it like you say.

Could you just hook up your turntable to the amp as you normally do, and use the 'tape out' connections on the back of the amp to connect the amp to the computer, using the 'Mic In' 3.5mm jack?

I did a similar thing in the past, but I had an outboard phono stage as my amp didn't have one. I just connected the RCA output on the phono stage to the input 3.5mm mic jack on the PC. I then used some free softare (could have been Audacity) to set the levels and record.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts