Gapless Streaming [Tidal]

Barking

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but please indulge a geriatric who last understood hi-fi round about the time cassette decks were invented.

I am looking to stream hi-res FLAC files from Tidal, and I realise that for various technical reasons my Chromecast Audio isn't going to be able render them with gapless playback. So what box / dongle / other thingy do I need to get a gapless stream into my NAIT-5si from my wireless network via my android phone? (I'm making a big assumption that this is still how it all works).

Other than Tidal, Spotify and BBC radio Sounds app it doesn't have to do anything else; there are no downloads or other locally-stored files on the system to deal with, no need for radio. Budget, as they say, is flexible, but if we start getting towards £1k eyebrows will raise and breath will be sharply drawn in. I'll be interested in any technical background anybody wants to offer but it'll be a few specific suggestions that will help me most.

Thanks in advance for any input.

londonguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I havent tried it with tidal but the Hifi cast app allowed me to force gapless playack from my NAS using a Chromecast Audio at the time. Probably worth trying that before spending any more money

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts