Galaxy S3 Freezing / locking up

SteveR750

Over the last few days, for no obvious reason mine has started freezing randomly; sometimes after a few hours, sometimes immediately after restarting. In all cases, the only cure is to remove and replace the battery. When it freezes, whatever is on the screen remains there, and none of the hard or soft buttons have any effect, even if left alone for a couple of hours to work its own **** out.

Googled it, seems like its not uncommon (but what phone fault isn't). Did a factory reset this evening to try and avert the "lose your phone for 2 weeks" under the generous Samsung warranty scheme, and that's improved it from crashing by the minute to two crashes in 6 hours so far....

I had a similar experience with the S2, in that it would randomly switch off and reboot itself, but at least it worked as a mobile communication device.

Anyone else had similar experience? Are the HTC smartphones similarly fragile? I had a Desire a few years ago, and it was the most reliable phone I've owned apart from ridiculously short battery life.

Conspiracy theory: Galaxy S4 has just been launched... :?

On a serious note, I loved HTC Desire, but when I upgraded to HTC Sensation, I was massively disappointed, with random freezes, call drop outs, battery suddenly becoming very hot & draining itself etc. I've heard good things about HTC One, but it's still early days before the gremlins show up.

SteveR750

Bizarrely it continued to do it even after pasing through a samsung repair centre twice. After a few days, it seems to have acquired self-healing properties, but not until after I had replaced it with a new one (and a new contract) and given it to my son on the basis it wasn't working 100% and was ok for a bit of gaming on...

Since then have discovered what Poweramp and some hi-res files can sound like with my Etymotic HF5s: ridiculously good given it's *just* a phone, which of course it isn't.

TRENDING THREADS