Galaxy s2 query

char_lotte

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello, my first post ...... and please accept my apologies for it being boring.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to see the number of remaining photos whilst in camera mode ?

Told you it was dull..

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum char_lotte. Not dull at all as most of us on here are pedants! However, this is a difficult one and I don't think you can, just as you cannot with (at least the one I've got) a camera. It all depends on the resolution you have chosen etc. Rule of thumb I found on the interweb for a basic feel:

How many pictures can I take on my Samsung Galaxy S?

The Samsung Galaxy S comes in 8GB and 16GB models, which can be further expanded by up to 32GB with a microSD card. As a rough guide, 4GB of internal memory can hold about 1,600 pictures so you’ll be able to take double that if you have an 8GB Samsung Galaxy S. Of course, how many pictures you can take also depends on how much memory space you have left on your handset (you might have filled some of it up already with music or videos for example).

This extract came from here, which looks very useful:

http://community.phones4u.co.uk/the-complete-samsung-galaxy-s-guide/

You can easily find out what's left in the settings. Hope this helps. :)

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

there's no way to tell specifically as it doesn't have a memory dedicated to just photo's. The bigger the card, the more images. If you use something like Picasa you can always back up your photos online anyway and not have the worry of running out of space.

Hope that helps.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
However, this is a difficult one and I don't think you can, just as you cannot with (at least the one I've got) a camera.

You sure? Most cameras I've used will tell you and my HTC DesireHD tells me as soon as I open the camera (13323 at the moment). It's a pretty basic function, I can't recall having a phone that didn't tell me if I'm honest.

A

Anonymous

OK Beavis, thanks for that.

It's helenc actually....
smiley-cool.gif

However, I've checked my S2 again and cannot see it anywhere....even with other camera apps. Happy to be put right.....
smiley-wink.gif

Oh, there an app called Box to cloud store too.

char_lotte

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all. As ravey gravy davy says, the instructions show that figure next to the little phone image on the screen. I'll be blowed if i can find it. I just thought I may be missing something...

char_lotte

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
I can't upgrade yet to 2.3.4 so is that a possibility.I'll be back.

Edit- My S1 will not upgrade (the Kies way) at the moment so I cannot verify if that is the issue.

Thanks everyone . Ill just go into an orange shop next time im passing.

SteveR750

I'm running gingerbread 2.3.5 and there is no remaing pics counter, but then the onboard storage + SD card is frankly massive compred to any HTC phone (it's why I chose the s2 over the sensation; that and the screen brightness), so arguably you don't need one. If you sync with something like Dropbox which you can automatically upload camera pics into means you can delete off the phone memory as you go.

A

Anonymous

Totally agree, with that size storage there are many, many quality photos to take..... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts