Fuel shortage?

Gray

Panic buying apparently worse in London and the South-East (now there's a surprise).
Stories of people getting 6 cans out and filling up (can't suggest a suitable punishment, as I would be permanently banned from the forum).

Why can't they limit what the pump supplies?
I usually put £20, have never put more than £30 in any car.....probably can't buy any now thanks to selfishness.

Reactions: Tinman1952
Reminds me of a letter in Viz years ago, along the lines of:

Reading about fuel shortages, I prudently thought about filling up the car, and a plastic can as well just to be safe. But when I got to the garage, there were all these idiots panic-buying!

Mercifully I have a full tank, and do very few miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray and Tinman1952
I don't think there an actual shortage simply not enough tanker drivers to supply all the garages suitably.
I thought all those in London and the Home Counties had electric vehicles anyway...... :)
I was recently in Surrey on and off for a few weeks and I’ve never seen so many Porsche, Range Rover, Tesla, and every other luxury brand, both electric, hybrid and petrol/diesel. It’s so quiet now I’m back in Wales! But there were apparently queues for fuel, because I told my wife to panic!!!

Reactions: Al ears

Friesiansam

There was a tiny number of filling stations closed due to the delivery problems but, as Gray said, panic buying idiots ruin it for everyone else. Always the same, the idiot government tells people not to panic buy, so hoards of morons panic buy...

At least they won't be able to sell petrol and diesel for inflated prices on Ebay.

Reactions: Gray

Gray

I was recently in Surrey on and off for a few weeks and I’ve never seen so many Porsche, Range Rover, Tesla, and every other luxury brand, both electric, hybrid and petrol/diesel. It’s so quiet now I’m back in Wales! But there were apparently queues for fuel, because I told my wife to panic!!!
Yes, there's plenty of affluence in the home counties, that's for sure.
Almost certainly more happiness and contentment in Wales though.

D

Deleted member 108165

I pass five petrol stations on my daily commute. Driving to work today at 11am it was bl**dy stupid, at every single station there was a huge queue, in some cases blocking the road completely. Driving home tonight only one station still had a queue, all the others had been run dry by these bl**dy idiots!! What the hell is wrong with people these days!!

Fortunately, I filled up on Tuesday and my full tank will last me about ten days. If these idiots are still about when I need to fill up again I'm going armed with a baseball bat to break some heads.

Reactions: Gray
Same in Great Bookham. You trip over Teslas and iJags. I almost got run over many times... you can't hear them coming.

How do you explain you've been run over by a Prias? Of all the cars in the world.... ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts