frustrating problem with music library from Sony Vaio to PS3 - Please help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could someone please tell me where the PS3 is looking on my sony vaio PC for my music library?

Basically I had a problem with my itunes music library streamed from my PC through to my PS3 - The PS3 is displaying a music library that doesnt seem to exist. I deleted all my music off the PC (backed it up of course!) and re-installed Itunes, yet the PS3 is still showing the music library that used to be there except it wont play any of the music (bacause its not there any more).

By re-installing itunes and adding 1 new track the pS3 picks up the new track but still displays the old non-existent library! - I think it must referencing a file somewhere on the Vaio Media Plus software. I removed that someware from the vaio but the PS3 is still picking up information on an old library! - Could anyone shed some light on where the PS3 is actually looking on my PC becuase short or formatting my laptop (not going to happen) I dont know how to tell the PS3 to find the right music library!!!

Thanks for your help!

A

Anonymous

I dont use itunes, but I have all my music on my g:drive and use PS3 media server and works a treat from my pc.

Not sure if that would help, as it brings up everything when you go onto music on the main ps3 screen.

Can you put all your music on a drive on your pc?

GazzyP

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
If you use this http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/ rather than the PS3 windows server you can navigate to the folder where you store your music. It will also show Album artwork. Many people have said this has worked well for them, and I have to say it seems pretty good.

Be sure if outputting via Optical that you set output to 44.1 khz otherwise it will resample to 48khz,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts