Freeview standard picture quality

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the excellent picture quality on standard resolution mainstream Freeview channels. I have noticed the lack of smearing and picture noise and don't feel the need to retune to the HD channels. Well done Freeview.

Gray

You would have got on well with my Mum.
I always used to tell her to go with the HD over the SD option.
Her response was "As long as I can see it, it's good enough for me".
And then there are those who genuinely can't tell the difference :oops:

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
You would have got on well with my Mum.
I always used to tell her to go with the HD over the SD option.
Her response was "As long as I can see it, it's good enough for me".
And then there are those who genuinely can't tell the difference :oops:
I believe there has been technical improvements with the service over its introduction. It of course depends upon where you live and reception conditions. I receive my signal from Crystal Palace, London with 100% signal quality and signal strength. My wife is not fussed about watching HD as I am but I have noticed that the improvement in picture quality is not as such a step change as it was.

Gray

I believe there has been technical improvements with the service over its introduction. It of course depends upon where you live and reception conditions. I receive my signal from Crystal Palace, London with 100% signal quality and signal strength. My wife is not fussed about watching HD as I am but I have noticed that the improvement in picture quality is not as such a step change as it was.
I'm on Crystal Palace too.
If you've got a wideband aerial, make the most of BBC 4 and BBC News channel on HD.
(My, otherwise fine, thank you very much, group A aerial lost those HD channels thanks to CP transmitter fequency changes (to avoid mobile phone signal clashes)....the two channels I watch most, noticeably worse on the still available SD channels 🙄.

TRENDING THREADS