Freeview PVRs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
All new TVs now have Freeview, so what is the point of buying a PVR with Freeview in it? If the Freeview facility in the PVR is inferior to that in the TV,(or vice versa), which one determines the quality of the outcome? Better to buy a DVD recorder with a hard disk?

daveh75

zen141627@zen:
All new TVs now have Freeview, so what is the point of buying a PVR with Freeview in it? Err, the ability to record one channel and watch another or simultaneously record two channels, live pause,rewind and recording, time shifting and chasing playback etc...If the Freeview facility in the PVR is inferior to that in the TV,(or vice versa), which one determines the quality of the outcome?It will depend on which tuner you are using to view programmes and which is better at upscaling/de-interlacing etc. Better to buy a DVD recorder with a hard disk? Only if you intend archiving recorded programmes long term or want to free up space on the HDD and are happy to use for DVD playback too.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I concur with Dave, I use my Panasonic hard disk / dvd recorder to archive programmes off my Sky + box via scart when the Sky is running out off space. I also record programmes / films via freeview and delete the adverts if I want to burn them to DVD. As I have a good freerview reception I use the best recording quality and as it outputs via hdmi the results are very acceptable via my Sony.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts