Freesat Users: FTA version of C4HD currently testing...

daveh75

As per title, an FTA version of C4 HD has begun testing on Eurobird1 in preparation for it's launch on Freesat, so can now be manually tuned/viewed in 'non-Freesat mode' using the following settings...

Frequency : 12.607

Polarisation : Vertical

Symbol Rate : 28250

FEC : 3/4

Channel Label : 55300

Bear in mind that these are test broadcasts, so there maybe picture/sound issues and times when nothing is being broadcast at all

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Tuned in yesterday on my VT20 and looks good.. any new HD is alway welcome :)

daveh75:

As per title, an FTA version of C4 HD has begun testing on Eurobird1 in preparation for it's launch on Freesat, so can now be manually tuned/viewed in 'non-Freesat mode' using the following settings...

Bear in mind that these are test broadcasts, so there maybe picture/sound issues and times when nothing is being broadcast at all

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Dave

I'm not sure I can access this via my Panasonic TX-P42G10's manual tuning menu.

The only options I get are:

Transponder Frequency (which I've set to 12607)

Polarisation (set to vertical)

Symbol Rate (Ksym/s), where the options are Auto, 22000, 27500, or 29500.

Am I right in saying that the G10 simply won't be able to pick up the C4HD test broadcasts?

Many thanks...

daveh75

strapped for cash:
Hi Dave

I'm not sure I can access this via my Panasonic TX-P42G10's manual tuning menu.

The only options I get are:

Transponder Frequency (which I've set to 12607)

Polarisation (set to vertical)

Symbol Rate (Ksym/s), where the options are Auto, 22000, 27500, or 29500.

Am I right in saying that the G10 simply won't be able to pick up the C4HD test broadcasts?

Many thanks...

Try setting the Symbol Rate to Auto and see if that works....Though from comments i've seen elsewhere it does appear a bit hit 'n' miss with Pana's, some can receive it, others have trouble.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Dave.

I've tried this. The Pana does tune in to channel 55300, but it's only recognised as a subscription channel (hence all I get is an "encrypted" logo in the middle of the screen).

Guess I'll have to wait for the official Freesat launch.

Not the end of the world, just mildly annoying.

daveh75

strapped for cash:

Thanks Dave.

I've tried this. The Pana does tune in to channel 55300, but it's only recognised as a subscription channel (hence all I get is an "encrypted" logo in the middle of the screen).

Guess I'll have to wait for the official Freesat launch.

Not the end of the world, just mildly annoying.

A trick broadcasters sometimes use when testing is to set an encryption flag, even though they're actually broadcasting FTA (remember these broadcasts aren't really intended for the general public, but for engineers to optimise encoding etc) which is enough to prevent some STB/TVs from displaying the broadcasts.

Try again later you may find they're broadcasting without an encryption flag set and your TV will receive them...

daveh75

Forget the above...C4 HD is currently encrypted!!!
emotion-6.gif

daveh75

daveh75 said:

daveh75 said:
Forget the above...C4 HD is currently encrypted!!!
smiley-cry.gif

C4 HD is broadcasting FTA/unencrypted again (hopefully it will stay FTA, this time), so can be manually tuned again on the above parameters, though the Symbol rate is now 27500 instead 0f 28250

RTL

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Daveh,

I can find Ch4 HD on manual tune on my Panny 46PZ81, but I can't seem to save it. I used CH 130 that did not have a channel, then went to menu etc. When I scan it picks up C4HD and I can see a picture but when press return or exit it is not saved. I should look at the manual.. any ideas?

thanks

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Yep, finally managed to pick up 4HD using the "other sat" tuning menu (albeit only a few days before it's officially part of the Freesat roster).

Very crisp and clear. I even managed to put up with Noel Edmonds for half an hour while giving 4HD a trial run (goes to show, you can watch almost anything in HD).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts