"• Original sales projections exceeded

• Freesat remains the fastest-growing TV platform in the UK

• 82% of Freesat retail sales are High Definition boxes / TVs

• 47% of Freesat customers switched from Sky in 2011 to date"

http://www.freesat.co.uk/2m

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Have to be careful with such stats. My TV has Freesat HD and Freeview HD tuners built in. So has it's successor and so do many others from other brands.

Such TVs ccould all be counted as Freesat sales despite the fact that many customers won't use it.

It's a bit like DAB/FM radios. Many will buy one and only use FM. They only buy DAB/FM because it's difficult not to.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
chebby said:
Have to be careful with such stats. My TV has Freesat HD and Freeview HD tuners built in. So has it's successor and so do many others from other brands.

Such TVs ccould all be counted as Freesat sales despite the fact that many customers won't use it.

It's a bit like DAB/FM radios. Many will buy one and only use FM. They only buy DAB/FM because it's difficult not to.

I would imagine its the same with 3D Tvs as well, lots being sold because the buyer has no option with the more "upmarket" models.

Suppose you could also say the same about HD TVs, lots about but perhaps not all used to their full potential

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
well i use the freesat tuner in my tv to receive freesat but use the freeview tuner to receiver irish freeview.. hopefully we will see more hd channels added to freesat soon, channel 5 hd, e4hd and 4music would be great editions..

A

Anonymous

No wonder, Sky are just greedy. I tried to get just Sky Sports 1 to be told it's all one pack at £20 a month! I'm off to Freesat once the HD contract I never knew existed runs out on 8 December.......

Rip off Britain....... :hand:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts