FREESAT DETAILS ANYBODY

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anybody have any more information on when the new freesat service will become available and what the costs will be etc did hear it was available from april but seems to have gone quiet will all the free channels which i did hear was about 80 or so free ones any information appreciated.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="chrissy5"]

Does anybody have any more information on when the new freesat service will become available and what the costs will be etc did hear it was available from april but seems to have gone quiet will all the free channels which i did hear was about 80 or so free ones any information appreciated.

[/quote]

Frustratingly little info so far, i'm afraid - as the Freesat website (click here) shows. They've appointed a PR agency, though, so hopefully we'll hear more very soon - and relay it up here ASAP.

A

Anonymous

Clare, do you get paid extra for being on here at 11.30pm? Get a life girl!

bf1

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
When Freesat is launched will I be able to receive it via my existing Sky+ box (soon to be upgraded to Sky HD) or will I have to buy another box?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bf1"]When Freesat is launched will I be able to receive it via my existing Sky+ box (soon to be upgraded to Sky HD) or will I have to buy another box?
[/quote]

The freesat service comes with a new EPG, you'll need a new box to use the EPG and interactive features. I don't think there will be much you'll be missing by sticking with SkyHD. freesat gives you some HD channels, but is really only for those that do not want to pay a Sky subscription, or can not receive Digital Terrestrial Television. freesat probably will not even launch with Channel5 yet!

Watching it with interest, but I do wish they would get their act together!

A

Anonymous

Thats not very nice is it? I like most others on hear am really grateful that we get answers "out of office hours" ... thanks Clare keep up the hard work.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
No worries. I really didn't intend to be on the Forums so much this weekend, but thanks to an outbreak of mischief-making yesterday, Andrew and I were doing serious amount of (unpaid) overtime! Hey ho.... Here's to more sensible questions like this.

As mentioned above, Freesat is an alternative to Sky, not a replacement for - so if you've got Sky or Sky HD, no new box required.

A

Anonymous

I have freesat from Sky, but want to add a second digital set. I have been waiting for the new Freesat service, as we are also interested in HD, and wonder how we now go ahead.

I see the Freesat can be used for several sets. Would this mean having a different dish installed? If so, would there be any point in keeping the Sky service as well - does it offer anything Freesat doesn't?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts