Free music player for my own purchased music

kayelondon

Oct 4, 2021
Visit site
I'm a little confused as doing a search for being able to have a music player app to enable me to play my own music offline brings up (on What HIFI) a list of players that charge like SPotify or Youtube music, like i could do with Itunes on my Iphone. I'll explain-
I now have a Google Pixel. There used to be Google Play Music but it no longer exists as they bought Youtube. They told me that once I had downloaded my music I could listen to it offline however, going to Santorini & not wanting to use any data, I turned wifi off only to find that I could not listen to my own music. I have already paid for my music so don't want to pay to play it. Can anyone tell me is there any app where I can just upload my zip files, listen to my music whilst running without using my data?

Tinman1952

There are many apps that will play music stored on your phone. Foobar2000, Neutron Player even the Amazon Music app will play your own music files on your phone in offline mode.
BubbleUPnP will also play local files and also files stored on Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive. However to access these while out running you would of course use data via your internet connection.

kayelondon

Oct 4, 2021
Visit site
hi, I'm a little confused as to why I use data for music that is downloaded on my phone - isn't it a bit like storing something on the hard drive of a PC & being able to access it whilst offline?

Vincent Kars

I'm a little confused as to why I use data for music that is downloaded on my phone
Only if you play from cloud storage like Google Drive, etc.
If it is stored local, you don't need internet access of course.

Foobar2000
That is my personal preference, decent interface, supports the composer tag and some DSP like a crossfeed.

Foobar Mobile

abacus

If you have stored it on your phone then as above you can play it back without a connection, however if you have downloaded it from one of the streaming services then it usually has to check with that streaming service to make sure it is genuine so as to prevent piracy, it should not download it again.
If it is downloaded it is best to check the terms and conditions of the streaming service regarding use of downloaded content, purchased or not.

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts