Fostex A4-BL & Sennheiser HD 800 S?

siudai8888

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I have got the Fostex A4-BL DAC/headphone amp and wish to get the Sennheiser HD 800S - has anyone tried this combination and do you have any comments on it? If the Fostex is not good enough to for the 800S, do you have any alternative headphone recommendation? I listen to classicsal a lot, and enjoy the wide soundstage of the 800S. Thank you!

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
siudai8888 said:
I have got the Fostex A4-BL DAC/headphone amp and wish to get the Sennheiser HD 800S - has anyone tried this combination and do you have any comments on it?  If the Fostex is not good enough to for the 800S, do you have any alternative headphone recommendation? I listen to classicsal a lot, and enjoy the wide soundstage of the 800S. Thank you!

I haven't tried it but a couple of things I just read (one on Head Fi and one in Japanese) seem to indicate that it can drive them OK.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
siudai8888 said:
I have got the Fostex A4-BL DAC/headphone amp and wish to get the Sennheiser HD 800S - has anyone tried this combination and do you have any comments on it? If the Fostex is not good enough to for the 800S, do you have any alternative headphone recommendation? I listen to classicsal a lot, and enjoy the wide soundstage of the 800S. Thank you!

Two big red flags. One, bus-powered USB. Two, 350 ohm impedance in upper mids rising to nearly 700 ohms around 100 hz.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
dalethorn said:
siudai8888 said:

Two big red flags. One, bus-powered USB. Two, 350 ohm impedance in upper mids rising to nearly 700 ohms around 100 hz.

Power supply :DC12V

OK, it's powered by a wall wart, but it's still a step up from bus-powered USB.

Not sure whether the max output of 16-600 ohm would be more of an issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts