Fosi Z3A + Wiim mini VS Wiim Amp

roist

Jun 24, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

I have a pair of Q acoustic 3020i that I'm really happy with.

I'm currently testing the Fosi Z3A amp 48v, but I'm thinking of going for the WIIM amp.

I've read that it has a better integrated dac than a wiim mini, and I'm also thinking of using it as a home cinema system (HDMI). And being able to control the sound directly from my smartphone/TV is a big plus.

What do you think? Will it be a sound upgrade? I can't find the voltage of the WIIM amp.
I'm afraid of some of the negative reviews I've read about it.

Thanks !

Reactions: Revolutions

roist

Jun 24, 2024
Visit site
The priority is good sound and streaming. The hdmi arc is a plus. My budget is 250-350 euros, amp and streaming device.

I don't want to pay for a much more expensive amp with speakers under 300 euros. A used amp could also be a solution

roist

Jun 24, 2024
Visit site
I would lose the hdmi port, and possibility to change volume of amplifier, for the same price…not an easy choice.

But I really don’t know what to expect of wiim amp, hope this is not an overhype product.
Some reviews are really bad ( Andrew Robinson, cascade audio, scientific audiophile…)

Juzzie Wuzzie

Given your original post, I'm not sure how you are looking past the WiiM Amp, although is €20 over your budget. Speaking only of my Spanish experience, can you wait until an "IVA free" day which effectively saves you 21%?

roist

Jun 24, 2024
Visit site
Would hope it is like new 🤨
Wiim amp is available from Richer and Amazon (and no doubt others) for £319.....so I'm hoping you got at least one year warranty.

Would hope it is like new 🤨
Wiim amp is available from Richer and Amazon (and no doubt others) for £319.....so I'm hoping you got at least one year warranty.
370 € for a new one. It is sold as new, 30 day to return and 2 years warranty, that seem fair

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts