Forums got a new heading under more at the top of the page!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
And they would've got away with it, if it wasn't for –

scoobydoo4-09.jpg

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Yah, another pain in the ass to add to the rest of the pains in the ass you have to navigate before getting to the forum. As if it's not bad enough trying to chase the new posts button around the page like a whack-a-mole game, you now have to press "other", and do the same thing to select "forum"!!

I really think sometimes that they're trying to rid this forum of as many users as possible!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I saw this on wifey's PC earlier but I thought it was just because I was viewing the site on a low-res laptop. I assume then that's not the case. Just do what I do and link the forum in your favorites/bookmarks.

D

Deleted member 2457

David@FrankHarvey said:
Yah, another pain in the ass to add to the rest of the pains in the ass you have to navigate before getting to the forum. As if it's not bad enough trying to chase the new posts button around the page like a whack-a-mole game, you now have to press "other", and do the same thing to select "forum"!!

I really think sometimes that they're trying to rid this forum of as many users as possible!
Agreed. *smile*

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
What am I supposed to be looking for?

Here is the top of this page ...

clicky

... where is this 'more' thing you are complaining about?

I've tried the home page and just clicked on 'forums' and I don't see it.

It's not on my usual starting point of 'Active forum topics' either.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:

clicky

The forums heading has gone and we now have more as a heading instead. You have to click on it to get forums or newsletter. Not exactly ideal. *smile*

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
chebby said:

clicky

The forums heading has gone and we now have more as a heading instead. You have to click on it to get forums or newsletter. Not exactly ideal. *smile*

I'm not seeing that. It still says 'forums' (click on the link to the screenshot I took earlier).

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
gel said:
chebby said:

clicky

I'm not seeing that. It still says 'forums' (click on the link to the screenshot I took earlier).
Yep, strange. What are you on eg tablet, laptop etc?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:

Probably means the page is cached on your computer and loading the menu bar from there, not the 'live' (sic) site.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Nope, I still have 'Forums' on my main menu - only thing under 'More' is 'Newsletter'. Doesn't appear to be a responsive thing either - when I narrow the browser window 'Forums' remains.

Weeply deird: seems to vary from browser to browser.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
spiny norman said:
John Duncan said:
Nope, I still have 'Forums' on my main menu - only thing under 'More' is 'Newsletter'. Doesn't appear to be a responsive thing either - when I narrow the browser window 'Forums' remains.

Weeply deird: seems to vary from browser to browser.

You could be right on that one. Still shows as Forums on Safari on my Mac, but yesterday was definitely showing under 'More' on wifey's PC laptop using Firefox. (Haven't tried it today.)

D

Deleted member 2457

Perhaps it has been done to confuse the spammers! *smile*

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
It's an update to the responsive design, the wider your browser window the more tabs you will see in the header. If you shrink the window to be smaller, then the 'More' tab appears.

We did this because before some of the tabs in the header dropped off completely depending on what type of device you were using, so that obviously wasn't ideal. If you stretch your browser window full width you may see (depending on the size of your screen):

Reviews, News, Best Buys, Awards, Forums and Newsletter.

Reduce the width and More will appear. On mobile, just tap the 'hamburger' (the three white horizintal lines top right) to view all the tabs. This update will also allow us to add more tabs in the future if required.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
John Duncan said:

It is a responsive thing JD (see my reply above). You're not reducing your browser window enough!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Why did this take precedence over the (still) overdue fixes to problems that go all the way back to the original site 'upgrade'?

I hadn't noticed people here repeatedly asking for a screen size responsive 'more' button.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
Why did this take precedence over the (still) overdue fixes to problems that go all the way back to the original site 'upgrade'?

I hadn't noticed people here repeatedly asking for a screen size responsive 'more' button.

In the very big picture, forum-users are seen as small-fry compared to the rest of the main website's daily traffic. Our screams register as little more than a squeak.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts