Forum moderation

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem with the change, in fact it seems good to me . . . status-quo if you keep your nose clean. Plus the ability to post links . . . gets my vote. CJSF

A

Anonymous

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Diamond Joe said:
John Duncan said:
Can we not start speculation on who is or isn't a mod, please? Might have to put that in the rules...

Might be a good idea John, considering the fuss over this chap...

SNN0205STIG-280_1117602a.jpg

Oh no, not the Stig... About the main topic, in Portugal we have a say "que nao deve nao teme" the one how don't owe don't fear !
SOME SAY .......he's ex K.G.B ?

FATS 2828 said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Diamond Joe said:
John Duncan said:
Can we not start speculation on who is or isn't a mod, please? Might have to put that in the rules...

Might be a good idea John, considering the fuss over this chap...

SNN0205STIG-280_1117602a.jpg

Oh no, not the Stig... About the main topic, in Portugal we have a say "que nao deve nao teme" the one how don't owe don't fear !
SOME SAY .......he's ex K.G.B ?

Others say: He's ex-MFI

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
As someone who is a moderator for another forum and who has been temporarily banned from this forum in the past, the changes seem perfectly sensible to me. :clap:

Currently listening to: Mark Lanegan - Blues Funeral

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Good news. Sensible. Keep up the good work.

But while we're about it, any chance WHF.com's censor could reconsider the word 'qu€€r' - what's offensive, for example, re the phrase, 'Qu€€r the pitch'?

Perish the thought that some might deem WHF?/Haymarket homophobic?

And as for stealth mods, so what?

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Lee H said:
Clare Newsome said:
And anyway, moderation is already predominantly anonymous - hence use of comments like [edited by mods]

Exactly! Some people need to get a grip. So the mod is anonymous? So what? Whether a topic is moderated by someone we don't know or by "Doomslayer1972" it makes no odds as you still don't know the person doing it.

All they're doing is applying the house rules that already exist. It means WHF staffers aren't on call 24/7 to moderate too.
No Problem for me at all. I agree with you entirely on this.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
RodhasGibson said:
Lee H said:
Clare Newsome said:
And anyway, moderation is already predominantly anonymous - hence use of comments like [edited by mods]

Exactly! Some people need to get a grip. So the mod is anonymous? So what? Whether a topic is moderated by someone we don't know or by "Doomslayer1972" it makes no odds as you still don't know the person doing it.

All they're doing is applying the house rules that already exist. It means WHF staffers aren't on call 24/7 to moderate too.
No Problem for me at all. I agree with you entirely on this.

+1 for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts