Formatting gone again!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
It's quite frustrating, have to write every post like a far east stlye! Where is the icons gone and I can't save my personal setting grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Please sort it out.....please Andrew.

A

Anonymous

I love it I love it I love it. Pooooooooor Andrew. Like diagnosing a dog, it cannot talk to you, so how can you tell what's wrong! I lost the formatting when I updated m picture. All gone. No idea why. But it doesn't want to return. Honest Andrew, it really doesn't.

Once more into the breach dear friends!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Will Harris"]I love it I love it I love it. Pooooooooor Andrew. Like diagnosing a dog, it cannot talk to you, so how can you tell what's wrong! I lost the formatting when I updated m picture. All gone. No idea why. But it doesn't want to return. Honest Andrew, it really doesn't.

Once more into the breach dear friends!
[/quote]

Woof.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]It's quite frustrating, have to write every post like a far east stlye! Where is the icons gone and I can't save my personal setting grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Please sort it out.....please Andrew.[/quote]

What Icons? I have never had formatting icons?

A

Anonymous

For some reason I can't seem to get the My Settings/Editor - Enhanced option to stick. Every time I save, the setting resorts back to the default Plain Text option.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gwyndy"]Formatting, you mean to tell me that the forum has formatting?[/quote]

Yes, but it's as erractic as the old Micromega stage 1 cd player!

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="IanS1"]For some reason I can't seem to get the My Settings/Editor - Enhanced option to stick. Every time I save, the setting resorts back to the default Plain Text option.[/quote]

Same here

I have my cookies on and there are Whathifi cookies stored. I wounder if I should delete them and then try to save my settings again ??? Any ideas Andrew ??

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Anton90125"] I have my cookies on and there are Whathifi cookies stored. I wounder if I should delete them and then try to save my settings again ??? Any ideas Andrew ??[/quote]

I Tried deleteing the cookies and resaving my settings. Made no difference. I even deleted individual cookies and save my settings each time. This still made no difference.

Even if no changes have been made to the site - the forem software is clearly not saving the Content Editor drop down selections.,

I even tried using Internet Explorer (Yuk! As I normally use Firefox). Since so many people are having problems its got to be at What Hifi 's end - a bug maybe??

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'll ask our digital people again, but we've looked over and over and can't find any problem. But I'm out of my depth here - just like I don't know how to adjust the presses we use to print the magazine, I have no idea how this magic interweb thing works. I just write stuff and it appears here...

A

Anonymous

And you do it damn well! That interweb thingy isn't half as interesting as the posts you put on and to be frank has not in the least dampened my enthusiasm for the printed page. WHFSV still rules.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Too kind - you see, that's the beauty of a paid-for-by-the-government university education. Those were t'days... (Thinks: Maybe it's not going to turn into Formattinghog Day again after all)

A

Anonymous

You and my sister have that in common. I must say, there is an education and then there's that which the two of you received and quite frankly the rest of us live in ignorance of what you've been through and in whose company you've had the chance to learn. Lucky for us that you're still writing. The quality shows and in so much as the education gave you some of the tools and sharpened the rest of the pack the style is all you. Good on you.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, it's getting dangerously close to fawning now, Will...

emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

You may well be close to the truth but to highlight it just shows a teeny bit of insecurity on your part mate and not my problem I'm afraid. LOL. And if you do start getting a bit of hero worship here and there, well, what can I say. You only get what you deserve in life.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
From a philosophical concept I wonder if we will ever get what we deserve. Who is the best arbiter to judge what we deserve in any absolute way?

Changing the subject, I tried changing my picture and the formatting the text setting at the same time. As you see my Pic changed from Captain Scarlet to my beloved Aiwa AD6900 cassette deck. However my text setting didn't. I did this because of something Will said about loosing his ability to format when he changed his pic.
Andrew maybe you could pass this on to your net techies as further diagnostic data to help them solve this irritating problem.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
Just to let everyone know. I now have full formatting capabilities. I could do with a spell checker now.
emotion-22.gif
emotion-21.gif
emotion-2.gif

I am getting a bit trigger happy with the smiley icons!

A

Anonymous

This isn't fair, I still can't get any formatting, unless it's worked on this post. :-((((

Test line 1
Test line 2
Test line 3

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Nope, it didn't...

[/quote]

Working fine now Andrew, very strange nothing has changed my end.
emotion-3.gif
works great though, easier to express your mood/intentions
emotion-43.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts