Foobar unrecoverable error 24bit 192hz FLAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've downloaded some free 24bit 192hz stereo music. My DacMagic will only process up to 96hz so I have changed the ouptut to 24bit and the device to WASAPI Realtek HDMI which is onboard my ATI Radeon 4850 that connects to my Yamaha RX-V1900. I have changed the sound properties to preferred playback 24bit 192hz and tested, it works. The card does output at 24bit 192hz plus the Yammy does decode at that level. Nevertheless when all this is set and I try to play the music I get an unrecoverable error.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

A

Anonymous

PJPro:What's the error message?

Unrecoverable playback error: Could not open device (8007000E)

A

Anonymous

PJPro:What's the error message?

Unrecoverable playback error: Could not open device (8007000E)

A

Anonymous

Have now been able to play us the Direct Sound driver over the WASAPI. Any idea why?

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Maybe there's a compatibility issue with your soundcard....although I note the WASAPI plugin developer does bemoan the number of bugs in the MS code.

Have you tried ASIO4ALL instead of WASAPI? They basically do the same thing.

A

Anonymous

No I have not. I'm not too waorried at the moment. I may upgrade to Windows 7 in the future, maybe WASAPI will be less choosy then. I was able to play the music which was Mozart. I like tea but not my brew. Sounded clear and well defined all the same with the DS driver.

At least I didn't have the same problems listening to Nine Inch Nails - The Slip at 24bit 96hz, The Four Of Us Are Dying is my favourite track, love the the beginning.

TRENDING THREADS