Focal 706V or Totem Rainmakers???

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
If you had to choose between the Focal Chorus 706V ($600cdn) and the Totem Rainmakers ($800cdn), which would you get? Price is in Canadian dollars and brand new.

A

Anonymous

If I have to start from the Scratch , I will buy the Totem and build the system around that. Rain Maker is such a fine speaker and better then the Focal

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
csq2:If you had to choose between the Focal Chorus 706V ($600cdn) and the
Totem Rainmakers ($800cdn), which would you get? Price is in Canadian dollars and brand new.

For me it would have be Totem thats only because i use Totem myself.

The Totem's are though deceptively light compared to other speakers i've had, but are very well made with the joints lock mitred and with cross bracing giving the cabinet it's rigidity.

I can't say for sure how the Focal's and the Totem's compare sonically or if you would benefit from either one in a particular area.

Sorry it's a bit vague but unless you've heard the speaker's in question can't really give a definitive. Maybe someone here has either the Totem's or the Focal's and give you a better answer than myself.

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. I bought the rainmakers in mahogany and paired it with my two month old Rega Brio 3 and added Chord Silverscreen speaker wire. The sound is incredible even with my ipod. Excellent separation, deep bass, detailed, dynamic, and extremely musical. Notes sound very "elastic" and "rhythmic" with jazz and classical music.

A

Anonymous

Good combination , now upgrade to a good CDP and enjoy your system. Happy Listening

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts