Fluctuating Volume

Hendekr

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
I had a problem with my Galaxy S9 and playing music via bluetooth speakers, one a B&W Formation Wedge and the other a Yamaha. The music randomly changed volume especially with bass and higher frequencies surrounding vocals.
I spent a week with B&W testing the speaker and also just spent another 2 weeks with Synology (music all stored on NAS drive) in case it was their music app causing the problem.
I saw a similar issues being posted and investigated adaptive sound and I saw that there are 4 modes on my S9, 1 = Off (no boost), 2 = Under 30 years old (boost high range frequencies), 3 = 30-60 years old (/boost high/mid range frequencies and 4 = over 60 years old (boost all frequencies). My phone had defaulted to mode 2 for some reason, so I switched to mode 1 Off (no boost) and it seems to clear the problem. I have tested a number of music files that were showing the volume fluctuations and are all problem free. I need to test my music for longer to be certain it is fixed permanently.
I have raised this with Samsung
My question to Samsung is why would you have software to boost frequencies when as age progresses your sensitivity to frequencies diminishes and cannot hear if boosted anyway and why set a default like this to an age range that is not relevant and importantly it should not be set at all and should default to off. I have spent a massive amount of time investigating this - nightmare.
Samsung you are trying to be too clever!

D

Deleted member 2457

I have a similar issue with my Denon 6500 amp with Bluetooth and playing on my iPad it skips a beat every 2-3 mins or so. Any ideas? Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

I updated the Denon’s firmware yesterday. iPad is fairly recently.
I don’t know if someone has had this amp and returned it faulty because the mains cable had a massive hole in it too.

D

Deleted member 2457

I meant to say the package it came in had a massive hole in the side.

D

Deleted member 2457

Well, that doesn't mean anything and not classed as a used item.
That’s what I thought so I continued to set it up and not worry about it but now I am having problems with bluetooth too. Probably just thinking too much into it.

D

Deleted member 2457

I tried hooking up the Arcam r-Blink but that wont work at all.

Arcam not working has to do with connections and nothing to do with the Denon. Have you tried coaxial? Also, is the Denon set to CD? Please bear in mind that you can change what the Denon does with CD connections. So go to connection settings and make sure CD is set at CD.

I had a problem with my Galaxy S9 and playing music via bluetooth speakers, one a B&W Formation Wedge and the other a Yamaha. The music randomly changed volume especially with bass and higher frequencies surrounding vocals.
I spent a week with B&W testing the speaker and also just spent another 2 weeks with Synology (music all stored on NAS drive) in case it was their music app causing the problem.
I saw a similar issues being posted and investigated adaptive sound and I saw that there are 4 modes on my S9, 1 = Off (no boost), 2 = Under 30 years old (boost high range frequencies), 3 = 30-60 years old (/boost high/mid range frequencies and 4 = over 60 years old (boost all frequencies). My phone had defaulted to mode 2 for some reason, so I switched to mode 1 Off (no boost) and it seems to clear the problem. I have tested a number of music files that were showing the volume fluctuations and are all problem free. I need to test my music for longer to be certain it is fixed permanently.
I have raised this with Samsung
My question to Samsung is why would you have software to boost frequencies when as age progresses your sensitivity to frequencies diminishes and cannot hear if boosted anyway and why set a default like this to an age range that is not relevant and importantly it should not be set at all and should default to off. I have spent a massive amount of time investigating this - nightmare.
Samsung you are trying to be too clever!
Sorry OP. Clearly your thread has been hijacked. Samsung at least gives you an option to turn it off. Hopefully your issue is resolved. Samsung caters to customers worldwide and so you will see features that are either not important or not desirable to you, but they will be, to someone else.

D

Deleted member 108165

Nothing at fault here Gel, my Marantz power cable bags had holes in them too. My guess is that it's a generic cable in the bag and the country specific plug is added to the lead after the sale.

Reactions: Al ears
D

Deleted member 2457

Arcam not working has to do with connections and nothing to do with the Denon. Have you tried coaxial? Also, is the Denon set to CD? Please bear in mind that you can change what the Denon does with CD connections. So go to connection settings and make sure CD is set at CD.
Yes, all done. Nothing working.

D

Deleted member 2457

How does that work then mate?
I was using WiFi with my iPad and Apple Music and Spotify free but it will still missing a beat. Tried my Arcam r-Blink but that wouldn’t work. I would’ve kept it otherwise.

buzz_lightclick

I was using WiFi with my iPad and Apple Music and Spotify free but it will still missing a beat. Tried my Arcam r-Blink but that wouldn’t work. I would’ve kept it otherwise.
So you have returned it?
Just select a song on your phone/iPad, click the airplay icon at the bottom and it brings up any airplay devices you have, so you’d see your Denon. Then select that and the song should start playing through it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts