Floorstanders

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for a really small and discrete pair of floostanders that I want to partner with a Cyrus 6VS2 amp and CD6SE setup. Stand mounters are not welcome as there is not a pair of stands in the world that the missus would accept in the house. I believe Monitor Audio used to produce something like what I am after but looks count as much as the sound quality as far as I am concerned. Does anyone have any suggestions?

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
fishheskettpark:but looks count as much as the sound quality as far as I am concerned.

While I understand your position sound quality is very important be a pity to compromise your system with under performing speakers just because they look nice

A

Anonymous

It would, but looks count as far as the wife is concerned.

A

Anonymous

KEF iq5se or iq50 / Ruark Templar / Quad 22L2 / Neat Motive 2 / Spendor S5e etc etc...

fishheskettpark:I am looking for a really small and discrete pair of floostanders that I want to partner with a Cyrus 6VS2 amp and CD6SE setup. Stand mounters are not welcome as there is not a pair of stands in the world that the missus would accept in the house. I believe Monitor Audio used to produce something like what I am after but looks count as much as the sound quality as far as I am concerned. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You haven't mentioned budget? Ideally, PMC GB1's would fit the bill. If your budget doesn't allow for new ones, try fleebay - or better still, ex-demo pair.

If you have a tight budget it might be worth trying a speaker which, in the main, has been largely ignored - (Some might chuckle at this suggestion) The Monitor Audio RS5's. When I heard them on my Arcam system, for 450 squid they are terrific sound, although may not be perfect synergy with your Cyrus gear. They may sound fine to your ears. . .

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
KEF Muon

That one escaped me, and reminded me of the PMC BB5 XBD which I'm confident your wife will give the thumbs up...

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I bought a pair of Spendor S5e's last year. They are great sounding little speakers, go well with Cyrus kit and are also very smart looking, compact and bijou. I've got the Kef iQ5se's as well on a different system and they're more curvy, so probably more wife friendly but they don't sound as good (they cost 3 times less than the Spendors!). If I were you, I'd hunt down a bargain on the Spendors (light Oak looks very nice).

Good luck.

A

Anonymous

Wow, thanks to everyone who has suggested something - there is a lot to look at and listen to here. Many thanks

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Hughes123:JoelSim:
KEF Muon

ÿ

That one escaped me, and reminded me of the PMC BB5 XBD which I'm confident your wife will give the thumbs up...

ÿ

I was wondering who would pick that one up

ÿ

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Hughes123:KEF iq5se or iq50 / Ruark Templar / Quad 22L2 / Neat Motive 2 / Spendor S5e etc etc...

I still use a pair of Ruark Templar's with my nads, Great speakers!

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I was in a similar situation, the gaffer had a major issue with stands.

When we went to the shop she liked the Kef (which I expected) and PMC (which I didn't) stuff. Couldn't swing the PMC's on price, and I didn't like the Kef's.

We compromised on MA RS6's, which aren't the prettiest speakers, but they're well finished so like a bit more furniture-like than some of the others
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts