Floorstander speakers for Cambridge Audio 840 system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been using Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2 speakers for a few years with a CA 840 amp and CD player, but would like floorstanders now I have moved into a detached house.

The mezzo 2's always sound like they are falling short with percussion - vocals are superb though. Any thoughts on floorstanders around £750?

alexisno2:
I've been using Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2 speakers for a few years with a CA 840 amp and CD player, but would like floorstanders now I have moved into a detached house.

The mezzo 2's always sound like they are falling short with percussion - vocals are superb though. Any thoughts on floorstanders around £750?

Hi alexisno2

Monitor Audio's Silver RX6 speakrers are worth a look.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

alexisno2:

After hearing the RS6s on the 840 it really changed my mind on Cambridge/MA combo. Other than that, I'd be looking at Epos M22s.

AKMH

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps you can audition B&W 684s? I am using them with my 840A amp and they seem to match very well for me with excellent clarity and good bass. They will be within your budget and the power compatibility should be quite adequate.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your input folks, I will look into auditioning these 3

A

Anonymous

In agreement with the suggestions of the M/A RX6's and the B&W 684's; both superb speakers and will work well with the C/A amp
emotion-1.gif

The QUAD 22L2's are well worth a demo as well; superb speakers and smooth to boot; for me this'll gel better with the C/A amp, SightandSoundUK have them at a great price as well

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts