FLOORSTANDER SPEAKER FOR ROKSAN KANDY LIII BUDGET AROUND 700 POUNDS

A

Anonymous

I listen all type of music from classical to pop, and the room is quite big 90 sq meter

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
evian:I listen all type of music from classical to pop, and the room is quite big 90 sq meter

That still does'nt tell anyone how you like your music but I'd try and source one of ProAcs Studio's floorstanders ex dem. They're fairly evenly balanced, look nice too. It'll probably cost you a bit more. I believe PA are introducing some new models so you should find end of line stock at reasonable prices.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
OK no-one has said it yet... Rega R5's. (I think they are around the £700 mark with Cherry, Rosewood, and Maple finishes).

My experience of the similarly configured R3's shows they are not at all fussy about positioning and they are very natural sounding with just enough 'whack' to sidestep any accusations of warmness. Sound good at low and high volumes. Quite efficient (89db at 6ohms) so the power in your Kandy will go a long way.

The side firing 7" bass drivers and forward facing mids/tweeters will do wonders for making the sound good all around the room rather than the 'sweet spot' phenonema. (I know this from using R3's in a 5.5metre x 7 metre x 3 metre carpeted space with only 25 watts on tap. Your 90 sq metre space should be well served by the larger, R5's driven by the far more powerful Kandy LIII.)

They are front ported and sound good against a wall and pulled out from the wall as well. As I said they are not fussy.

You can experiment with having the side firing speakers firing out or towards each other. (Towards each works better with enough seperation, say at least 8 - 10ft apart.) They do not need to be 'toed in' either.

I think the R5's should be enough for your room size and they are bi-wirable.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Dali Ikon 6 are worth a listen too as are ProAc Tablette Reference 8 Signatures - both very different, but both very good speakers.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

I run a pair of EPOS M22's with my system and find them to be excellent. These were £950.00 and are now going for about £675.00.

A

Anonymous

you could get a pair of monitor audio golds for that price, maybe even the GR60's, but 2nd hand. You wouldn't regret that...

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Ive never heard them with roksan stuff. But you should be able to get neat motive 2 exdem/second hand for that sort of price. They are class speakers. IMO better than any of the monitor audio stuff you could get at that price.

Another brand that not many people mention, which will ally well with the Kandy: MonoPulse floorstanders offer a distinct flavour to the conventional speaker. But like Neat the outlets are fairly limited, shop around and you could bag yourself a cracking sound.

I listened to a pair at my dealers, conected to Naim 5i amp/Cd player and the timing and clarity was amongst some of the best I've ever heard. The only reason why I didn't buy a pair was because my daughter, only 3 yrs old then, would of had a "field day" with them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts