Floor Standing Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My current system is a Quad 99,909, CDP-2 and Quad 22L Speakers, I am looking to replace the speakers in the region of £1200 to £2000 max. Any recomendations?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Best for me is the Neat Motive 2,superb speaker,but is more used along with Naim,Exposure,etc,so you would have the try to hear it with Quad amp.

A

Anonymous

Hello there

in my system I have Neat Motive 3 floor standing speakers which I am bi-amping with 2 Quad 909s. Pre-amp is Krell KRC-3 and CD is Quad CDP-2 or Arcam CD73T (my Quad CDP-2 had to be sent back to Quad USA for repair - stopped properly reading CDs after 3 months).

Regardless of the CD source I am happy with the sound. Krell, Quad 909s and Neats are very good match. For Motive 2 you may be ok with just 1 Quad 909 since they demand less power and Quad has plenty even more than you need I believe. However Motive 3s like much more power for the best sound and I couldn't resist :)

Anyway I would recommend carrying the Quad 909 around while you shop for speakers and hear it first hand how power amp mixes with speakers in dealer's dedicated showroom. That's what I have done - I carried my second system Quad 306 around (since it sounds similar to 909 due to having similar circuit - current dumping - just less power) and it helped me choose the right speaker for Quad sound. Neats are coherent and very accurate so Quad's "non-hi-fi" nature mixes with them superbly.

Neat Motive 2 or 3 + Quad 909 is highly recommended combination - just if you go with Motive 3 I believe it is better to biamp although they work very well even with 1 Quad 909 driving them. Improvement due to biamping is not double for sure.

Hope this was helpful.

A

Anonymous

What kind of music are you gonna be pumping through them? Because you're right in the bracket for a pair of Monitor Audio GS 60's and if your a rock fan, these would rock your world...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts