Floor speakers to match the Azur 340 amp and cd player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have both the Azur 340 amp and CD player and currently run Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom speakers with them but they seem to stuggle as my room is large, 12' x 22' long....I am looking at a pair of floor standers to go with the amp and CD player...what will match with the amp/CD player?...i listen to mainly Hard Dance, Metal, Drum n Bass etc and budget is between £200 - £300...oh and no neighbours

Shugsi

PS: Any comments on speaker cable, interconnects etc appreciated.

John Duncan

If you could find some F4s they'd be the obvious upgrade, but look at KEF and Q Acoustics 1050is, which are still available within budget.

Haven't heard the Diamond 10.3 but they look v sexy
emotion-2.gif

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
One day someone will take you ( and me ) up on this q acc recomendation, jd.

92dB sensitivity,drive em with a 9 volt battery. Sound superb ,cheap as chips to buy. Go on shugsi,at the very least try to dem some.

The 10.3s are a toughish load. 86dB.

A

Anonymous

So its the Q Acoustics 1050i's then? would they suit my large room and listening tastes tho?....but im a virgin at all this lol...what about cables/interconnects etc

Shugsi

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Yup i should co-co. Suit your amp fine to so can wick em up a bit. Dont talk wires,any old thing will do. As a general rule of thumb (ish) you get what you pay for in this game,but the Qs blow that theory out of the window. Good review here, search in reviews it is there. And IIRC they got a second place in another mags annual awards, which was no mean feat i tell ya.

A

Anonymous

floyd droid:Yup i should co-co. Suit your amp fine to so can wick em up a bit. Dont talk wires,any old thing will do. As a general rule of thumb (ish) you get what you pay for in this game,but the Qs blow that theory out of the window. Good review here, search in reviews it is there. And IIRC they got a second place in another mags annual awards, which was no mean feat i tell ya.

IIRC ? ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts