Flea bay frenzy....when?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I have something related to audio on sale and I started with a fairly low bid amount, 24hrs to go...so how long until the frenzy starts?

Cpt.Issues

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
From my experiance it can even be within the last minute or so it suddenly goes crazy not always though. Just bear in mind a lot of people sometimes bid in the final moments and your probably not getting a true reflection of how much the item is likely to go for 24 hours before its end. Good Luck!

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Only a few hours to go and it's still on an original bid placed two days ago....don't want it to go for really cheap as its in good condition...a bit nerve racking this e-bay selling!.....

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
How on earth would you package hifi equipment so it does not get damaged?..

I might have stuff to sell soon, but just thought about local papers etc

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The No of watchers gives an indication of how much interest is shown,

as others have said, the last few seconds is usually when it all happens, I rarely make a bid until the last 10 seconds.......

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Slightly OT, forgive me, but anyone have any recommendations re best-value couriers, which are also reliable/'safe' and offer insured value? (Planning to sell speakers weighing 20kg each, boxed, on fleabay.)

Ta :)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
6th.replicant said:
Slightly OT, forgive me, but anyone have any recommendations re best-value couriers, which are also reliable/'safe' and offer insured value? (Planning to sell speakers weighing 20kg each, boxed, on fleabay.)

From personal experience I've always found Interparcel/UPS Economy service as reliable as any. Pricewise you can do better (Yodel/Hermes for example) but the difference in quality of service between UPS and Yodel it is just not worth it. I once sent an amp via Parcel2Go/Yodel and it was very nearly a disaster. When the box arrived at destination there were footprints on it and it was all bashed in. Luckily I'd double boxed it so the main box was miraculously OK. The customer service of Yodel was quite appalling, never again. I'm sure someone will come on with some similar UPS horror story but I can only speak as I find.

The UPS Economy tends to get delivered next day anyway so no need to pay for their more expensive next day service.

Insurance wise it depends on the value obviously, but I think the standard rate covers you for £100/£150 (I think) and then you pay extra for any additional value.

T

the record spot

I'd go via collectmyparcel.com and choose which courier you want from there. Prices are reasonable and that works for buyers. I insist on insured delivery for the selling price AND the cost of postage once the value climbs, so both I and the seller are protected in the event of a problem. I make that clear on the listing and it's non-negotiable, but that can be pricey so using an intermediary site is a big help. You still get TNT, DHL, etc, etc., peace of mind.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
6th.replicant said:

ParcelForce Next Day AM service. (Insured to at least full value of object sent.) Trackable and signature required. You can print off the Proof Of Delivery from the website very soon after delivery.

I have used this service with no trouble for many years. I entrusted a total of almost £2000 worth (used value) of all my Naim gear to ParcelForce last year when it sold on ebay. Everything went very smoothly and arrived safely and on time.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
DIB said:
6th.replicant said:

From personal experience I've always found Interparcel/UPS Economy service as reliable as any.

Insurance wise it depends on the value obviously, but I think the standard rate covers you for £100/£150 (I think) and then you pay extra for any additional value.
My first choice also having used them regularly for a couple of years now without issue.

The standard service (£8.39 IIRC) only insures for £50 with higher insurance available at 2% of the value. That can push the price up.

Sending two boxes under the same consignment should cost less than twice the cost of one box.

http://www.interparcel.com/

SteveR750

Ebay do a discounted parcel force rate for ebay sellers, though you can only set it up when you send an invoice and add postage etc, you can't see the rate when you set up the auction. It was £14 up to 40kg which is a bargain, and they collect from your nominated address.

I used Yodel to ship a guitar amp that I sold recently; cost £17 including insurance, which weighed 34kg. It cost me £22.50 to post a dacmagic from the post office using RM parcels with insurance, so it pays to shop around.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
Ebay do a discounted parcel force rate for ebay sellers, though you can only set it up when you send an invoice and add postage etc, you can't see the rate when you set up the auction. It was £14 up to 40kg which is a bargain...

Is that the service that hooks up with PayPal? If so, I've found it to be chuffin' pricey if sending anything of 'value'. For example, it quoted c. £40 for a 9kg package worth £800, whereas RM was £24 next-day/a.m.

Or maybe I'm ticking the wrong box(es) re eBay's setup? :?

By the way, how're you getting on with your D18s? (Apparently, they need at least 170 hours before the low-end bass fully kicks in?)

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
6th.replicant said:

Try interparcel, parcel2go or parcel2ship etc, third part companies that use their bulk purchasing of courier services to be able to offer discounted rates.

SteveR750

6th.replicant said:
SteveR750 said:
Ebay do a discounted parcel force rate for ebay sellers, though you can only set it up when you send an invoice and add postage etc, you can't see the rate when you set up the auction. It was £14 up to 40kg which is a bargain...

Is that the service that hooks up with PayPal? If so, I've found it to be chuffin' pricey if sending anything of 'value'. For example, it quoted c. £40 for a 9kg package worth £800, whereas RM was £24 next-day/a.m.

Or maybe I'm ticking the wrong box(es) re eBay's setup? :?

By the way, how're you getting on with your D18s? (Apparently, they need at least 170 hours before the low-end bass fully kicks in?)

Yes, you're not ticking the right box! I coldnt find it at first, but its a flat rate up to 40kg, or was when I used it 6 months ago to ship 4 car alloy wheels.

The D18s are pretty good already (see other thread about search over) if they get any better well woo hoo!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts