Flatscreen with Built-In DVD and Freeview

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

First time poster, yet long-ish time reader! :eek:)

Basically, thanks to helpful reviews/forums etc, I finally plumped for a the Panny TH42ZP70B, Love it! :eek:)

Anyways, onto my new purchase, which I'm struggling with. Did a bit of forum searching before, but only came across something from Jul 07. Basically, what I'm looking for is a flatscreen for the bedroom, so I can possibly wall mount, and get rid of the DVD player so I can get some space back. Also, since the Panny, I go to bed wanting to watch ITV2 for example still, and can't, so I'll need Freeview. But, as stated, I'm struggling a little

What Ideally I'm after is:

LCD/Plasma (doubt the plassy bit though)
Integrated DVD PLayer (multi-region, or SW hack Multiregion)
Freeview
HD ready, although not essential
17" or bigger (already have 19" Wscreen so dont wanna go backwards!)

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Mark

A

Anonymous

About the best TVs with integrated DVD players I've seen in the flesh are the DMTech's. They look pretty nice, build quality is good and they have a decent picture for money. The DVD players in them tend to be ok, they usually play DivX, not sure if they can be region hacked though. Sound on them is pretty much of the standard though for TVs that size. Not great. I think they come in 19 or 22 inch screen sizes, not sure how easy they are to get a hold of now though. I think the ones I last saw were discontinued but there will no doubt be a new model or two round the corner.

To be honest though I'd be tempted to just stick with a seperate DVD player, either the one you have now or a decent small one such as the Samsung F1080, or Philips and Toshiba both have fairly decent cheap DVD players on the go at the minute. They're more likely to be region hackable. That opens up your choice of TV much more. Most new screens at that size will have integrated Freeview by the way.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. I'll check out the links and see what's about. The DVD player is SW hacked for MRegion already, so may just have to stick with that then, and find a LCD with freeview. I have £140 worth of John Lewis vouchers that I won, so I'll see if they have anything if DMtechs are all gone.

Ta,

Mark

TRENDING THREADS