Question First turntable.

NickSellick

Jun 8, 2022
Visit site
Hi All,
My son is just getting into vinyl and is wanting to get a first turntable, other than the one he has, which is from a hi fi mini system.
Hi budget is between £100.00 and £200.00. Happy to look at new or used.
In my day, too many years ago, there were go to starter decks. Is that still the case? Or what is a good second hand deck to look out for.
Look forward to hearing your views, and sorry if this has been asked many times before.
Cheers
Nick
P.S. One of the ones I thought looked reasonable is the Audio Technica. LP3. Any thoughts?

Hi All,
My son is just getting into vinyl and is wanting to get a first turntable, other than the one he has, which is from a hi fi mini system.
Hi budget is between £100.00 and £200.00. Happy to look at new or used.
In my day, too many years ago, there were go to starter decks. Is that still the case? Or what is a good second hand deck to look out for.
Look forward to hearing your views, and sorry if this has been asked many times before.
Cheers
Nick
P.S. One of the ones I thought looked reasonable is the Audio Technica. LP3. Any thoughts?
Welcome to the forum.
Is he aware of how much a new vinyl L.P. costs?
Seems strange to only pay this amount for a turntable when vinyl is so expensive but whatever, or perhaps he already has a sizeable collection?
Some could be found second hand but seems people have bumped up their prices because of the latest vinyl resurgence and you'd have to know what you're looking for.
The LP3 is OK as is the Project Primary E but it's worth spending a little more on something like this:-
Or a Rega RP1

Last edited:

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
try a technics SL-1000 to SL-5000 around 100€ and a sumiko oyster or a nagaoka mp-100 or even a 2m red from ortofon ,if vailable a 70´s receiver or integrated amplifier (try it first ,to see if it works perfect) or with modern equipment a pre-amplifier (tubes one) 35€ coming from china(better than most of those project,etc.) and avoid all the new brands because they are just poorly built , i own a project that with a good cartridge and stylus cost me almost 2.000€ and it delivers a perfect reading of the grooves on the vinil but everything else is bad . The audio-technica refered by other menber is also a good option better than most of the projects, regas or fluances taking in consideration the price ,regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts