First time buyer recommendations

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I've been looking down this forum and found a lot of what I read quite helpful so I thought I'd post a question.

Basically, I'm buying my first seperates with probably a budget of about £450. It's for a bedroom so not too big a room and I'm not needing a CD player because I copy all my CDs to FLAC. After looking around, I was thinking of getting the Onkyo A9155, Project Essential, a Squeezebox receiver and Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 which comes to around about the budget. The reason I was limiting the speakers is because, in order to not spend over my budget at the moment, I'm thinking that I would probably upgrade them in about six months time (when money's better, etc.) and just have a smaller pair for the timebeing. Is this a reasonable sort of combination?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
AM, welcome to the forum.

What about the Fatman iTube:

- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190510111428
or
- http://www.exceptional-av.co.uk/index.php?search_terms=Fatman+itube&gclid=CJud8vXEiasCFUEMfAod3WrA3g

You don't have to use their speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

I'd still need to get a turntable and the squeezebox on top of that (I'm guessing that digitally I'd be limited to ipod usage using the amp on it's own so the 160gigs lossless on an ipod wouldn't cut it) so it's a bit over budget.

moriarty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I can thoroughly recommend the Squeezebox Touch. I bought one about a year ago as my first "toe in the water" with high quality downloaded music / streaming. Very easy to set-up and use (I mostly use the iPeng iPhone app to control it) and sounds fantastic. Make sure you use a good quality interconnect to link it to your system

A

Anonymous

I was going to go for the squeezebox receiver (as here) with android app controller. I was planning on getting a nas drive soon anyway so that should work well with it (hopefully)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts