First Sonos system and unsure of which speakers to choose

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm about to take the plunge into the world of Sonos as it seems to suit what I'm after and after selling all of my other hifi due to a house move, I'm now starting from scratch.

Currently all of my music is store on my Mac in iTunes which I'll be using to stream from initially, and will be running the system throuout 3-4 rooms in the new house. I'll probably add a Zoneplayer S5 in the kitchen as that makes more sense for the time being (and given space contraints) but the rest of the system will comprise of Zoneplayer 120's to drive the speakers.

Ignoring the kitchen, the rooms that I'll be runnng the system in are all approx 22'x15'.

So, given the size of the rooms, I was wondering what speakers are recommended. Bearing in mind I do have one small problem courtesy of my wife, who has insisted that whatever speakers are chosen, must look pretty and discrete.

I like a decent sound so don't mind spending a bit extra to get something decent (my last system was a Naim pre/power combo with paired with Jamo Concert 8's) so the usual budget varieties are out.

Eventually I'll add a home cinema set-up which is also going to affect my choices so wondered if anyone knew if the Monitor Audio Apex A10's would be compatible or will they just purely outclass the Sonos. I think that's about as big a speaker as I'll be able to get away with and knowing I can add additional speakers and a sub later appeals.

Any other recomendations are much appreciated.

Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

I guess so but I wouldn't get away with this all around the house, (only in the lounge) and then the amp would also have to be nice and discrete otherwise I'll have no chance of convincing the wife.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts