First set-up, what to buy?

DanielCam

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello, looking to purchase my first set-up, was looking at Q Acoustics 2020/3020 for speakers then a Rega RP1 or Technics SL-1200 for a TT.. I've seen some stuff about pre-amp/amps and I'm not really aware of what I would need, could someone people shed some light on this and recommend accordingly.

If anyone has other speakers/tt's they think would be better please tell, not really got a budget as such. Got some money to spend but as it's my first set-up I don't think I need to over expensive - just want something that will give me a decent sound. Got plently of digital music but this will be for my more favoured stuff, Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Muddy Waters etc..

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
spend another couple of hundred if budget allows and go for the RP3, massive imprvement over the RP1 and is more of an audiophile deck than the SL1200, however you can get the SL200 sounding nice, as for the looks - not for me I'm afraid !

DanielCam

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, yeah had a look at RP3 - would just need to save up a bit more. Could you tell me if I need a pre-amp/amp and what kind would you recommend?

strms

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi Danielcam, I wouldn't discount the 1200. I have 2 TTs and one of those is a MK5 1210. If you get a chance to listen to one IMO you wont be disappointed.

bebelacus

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Suggest following set up:
- Rega RP3
- Dali Zensor 3 speakers
- Marantz PM7005
- a good pair of stands

A friend of mine juts got this system and sounds fantastic.
Marantz amp has a phono preamp plus a very good dac built in for your digital collection. You can also connect an old cd player through Marantz' optical input.
My friend's room is about 20 squared metres. It sounds really great. Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts