Finaly bought a HiFi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well folks I have finaly made a purchase, even though I did not get to listen to everything that people suggested. So firstly I would like to say a big thanks to everyone who passed on advice and suggestions.

So what did I buy????

I got the Cambridge Audio 650 amp and CD deck, I listened to these at Richer Sounds in Sheffield, with the Mezzo 2 speakers, and whilst good I did think there was something lacking. So I tried them with the Kef IQ5SE speakers, a bit better but still something missing. They had not got the Mezzo 6 speakers, so yesterday I rang Notts R, Sounds, they had not got them. Rang Leicester and they had got them and they even gave me a demo of them.

Well for me personaly, the sound is just awesome. Exactly what I was looking for, very detailed, very clear, good bass and a clear top end. Just a fantastic sound and not overpowering in the room.

To say that I am more than pleased is an understatement, I have heard things I had not heard before. I am like a kid at the moment.

So once again a big thanks.

I will need your help again, as for suggestions on what to go for with my next purchase, a turntable. So would a Pro-ject Genie 3, be good enough, or would I notice a big difference going for a Rega P3, but that would be as much as I would pay.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Congrats on the set up, enjoy.

Regarding the turntable, from the two you mentioned go with the Rega but i would also demo the Pro-Ject RPM5 or 5.2. This is one serious budget player and will give a good account for itself. There are added bonuses to the RPM is that you can upgrade it when funds come available with a speed box and a good Ortofon cartridge like a Rondo. Also you'll need to consider a phono stage and you wont want to skimp here, spend as much as possible and you'll be a happy man.

A

Anonymous

The P3 will be a big step up, definitely. Add the TT PSU and you have a very good unit, especially at the current price.

I'd probably pick the Denon mc cartridges over the current Ortofons, but agree about the good phono stage.

A

Anonymous

Yes. I did, they were very good and I am just so pleased with the sound.

A

Anonymous

Hey Ed,

I sure am having fun, I never thought that I would get such an amazing sound for the price range.

I have had goosebumps listening to some tracks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts