Finally moved into my own house - time to play!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After finally buying and moving into my own house, I finally had a decent sized room to appreciate everything I had bought over the last couple of years - boy does it sound and look good!

Setup:

Philips Cinema 56" 21:9 TV
Sony STR-DA2400ES Amp
Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview HD
Sony PS3 Slim Bluray Player
Xbox 360 Premium
Custom Dell HTPC
B&W 684 Front Speakers
B&W HTM62 Centre Speaker
Mission M7DS Rear Speakers
Wharfedale Diamond SW150 Subwoofer
2 x 2TB Netgear Stora NAS
1TB Freecom NAS
3 x Sonos S5's
1 x Sonos ZP90
Apple iPad 16GB
Logitech Harmony 1100

As you can see, I really need to mention the TV mount as well. It was the only one I could find (for a decent price) that would let me have my TV out of the way when not being watched (to please the other half), but down in the perfect viewing position. It was this mount or a smaller TV :) (http://www.dynamicmounting.com)

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0445.JPG

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I love the flip down telly - what a marvellous idea :clap: . This Philips TV is very interesting, do let us know how you are getting on with it.

A

Anonymous

I love both the TV and the mount. I purchased the TV in December 2010 from a 50" Samsung Plasma. I took the decision that the size (and more importantly the shape) was more important when watching movies (generally 21:9) rather than TV programmes (16:9). And I'm glad I did. Yes, when I watch 16:9 content, the screen is only about the size of a 42" TV, but when watching movies, its as bigger than a 60" 16:9 TV. And the lack of black bars just works - really hard to describe. When you add the ambilight to movies that really do have a strong coloured theme, (such as Tron Legacy), the whole thing is so immersive.

And well the bracket is just so easy. You can pull the TV down with just one finger, (even the gf can do it)!

A

Anonymous

Crossie said:
I love the flip down telly - what a marvellous idea :clap: . This Philips TV is very interesting, do let us know how you are getting on with it.

+1 not seen that before..nice set-up

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts