Film talk...

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Not sure where to post what films are coming out or what's your favorite film is or talk about 4K blue rays

anyway I thought I would mention that there is a 30th anniversary version of the highlander coming out on 4K which has been remastered from the original negatives and restored even the lovely queen soundtrack has been restored and there is the normal blue ray version too which looks good .

i love this film it's a classic and in the past I've probably brought it every time a new format came out hoping that the pictures would improve as my last copy I brought the picture quality was rubbish .

not sure on the release date for the 4K version but I am excited and can not wait it's such a classic film

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
Not sure where to post what films are coming out or what's your favorite film is or talk about 4K blue rays

anyway I thought I would mention that there is a 30th anniversary version of the highlander coming out on 4K which has been remastered from the original negatives and restored even the lovely queen soundtrack has been restored and there is the normal blue ray version too which looks good .

i love this film it's a classic and in the past I've probably brought it every time a new format came out hoping that the pictures would improve as my last copy I brought the picture quality was rubbish .

not sure on the release date for the 4K version but I am excited and can not wait it's such a classic film
We could call this the film section, there used to be an exclusive film club but that ended. I will say Planet Earth 2 4k Blu-ray is the business.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
i love this film it's a classic and in the past I've probably brought it every time a new format came out hoping that the pictures would improve as my last copy I brought the picture quality was rubbish

The ultimate limiting factors will be the quality/resolution of the original film stock used and the skills of the cinematographer, lighting, quality of lenses etc.

Some films are determined to remain grainy and 'griity' - after any transfer to a new medium - because that's how they were made. (French Connection is one that sticks in my mind.)

Of course it's unforgivable if the original is amazing and the transfer to HD or UHD renders it unwatchable.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gel said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

We could call this the film section, there used to be an exclusive film club but that ended. I will say Planet Earth 2 4k Blu-ray is the business.
would be good gel *smile*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
chebby said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
i love this film it's a classic and in the past I've probably brought it every time a new format came out hoping that the pictures would improve as my last copy I brought the picture quality was rubbish

The ultimate limiting factors will be the quality/resolution of the original film stock used and the skills of the cinematographer, lighting, quality of lenses etc.

Some films are determined to remain grainy and 'griity' - after any transfer to a new medium - because that's how they were made. (French Connection is one that sticks in my mind.)

Of course it's unforgivable if the original is amazing and the transfer to HD or UHD renders it unwatchable.
well i brought the HD version from itunes last night of the highlander which is a 30 year old film and for the first time this is the best version i have seen so far like it was made yesterday but with out the being grainy which this film was bad for it is amazing as this film started life on VHS all of them years ago . http://www.seenit.co.uk/highlander-gets-30th-anniversary-re-release-and-4k-restoration/

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
This week I brought the 30th anniversary version of the highlander and highlander 2 a different version that I've never seen before with extra bits put back in the film . Good to see Sean Connery a great actor not seen theses 2 films for a long time how time fly,s

anyway I am hoping at some point in getting a 4K blue ray player so my first film I will get will be battleships great film had loads of money spend on the budget when it was made but flopped at the pictures which I do not understand as I think it's a great film .

Last night I rented patriot day with mark wahaberg I like him great actor and a good storyline which is a true story of the Boston bombers

they have just released terminator 2 in 3D at the pictures not sure why as 3D is on its way out like I though it would do anyway great fan of the terminator films so not sure and I hope it will end up remastered for 4K quality .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts