Filling Speaker Stands

trevoralves

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I have recently purchased Apollo A4 stands for my rear speakers and Partington Super Dreadnought stands for my front speakers. Would you recommend filling these stands. If I fill the stands how high should I fill them. I would probably fill them with Atabites.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="trevoralves"]
I have recently purchased Apollo A4 stands for my rear speakers and Partington Super Dreadnought stands for my front speakers. Would you recommend filling these stands. If I fill the stands how high should I fill them. I would probably fill them with Atabites.

[/quote]

I used children's play sand (nice and dry) in plastic bags in my Atacamas. It made them enormously heavy but acoustically deadened, which is the desired effect.

A

Anonymous

Dry sand is fine. I filled mine somewhere around 3/4 high, just based on Partington's advice.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The plastic bags thing is a smart move. Sand will tend to absorb moisture from the air, and you can find your stands rusting from within over protracted use.

A

Anonymous

'dry' sand - bungs at the base - surely they are air tight. I doubt if the moisture content in your living room is enough to worry about even if they leaked slightly. I suppose I better start worrying about my stands rusting inside out, or start installing some de-humidification equipment.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Gary T"]'dry' sand - bungs at the base - surely they are air tight. I doubt if the moisture content in your living room is enough to worry about even if they leaked slightly. I suppose I better start worrying about my stands rusting inside out, or start installing some de-humidification equipment.[/quote]

no1sandxa1.jpg

Only £124.99 a bag. Bargain! ;o)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gpi"][quote user="Gary T"]'dry' sand - bungs at the base - surely they are air tight. I doubt if the moisture content in your living room is enough to worry about even if they leaked slightly. I suppose I better start worrying about my stands rusting inside out, or start installing some de-humidification equipment.[/quote]

no1sandxa1.jpg

Only £124.99 a bag. Bargain! ;o)[/quote]

I'll take 3 please.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts