FiiO e7+e9 as a DAC for pc->stereo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello there, i own a HD650 + E9 + E7... Im going to buy a stereo system using my PC as main source of music (FLACs).

Im thinking in buying a stereo amp Marantz PM6004 + KEF Q300 but i will need a DAC...

The problem is that i dont want to spend money now with a DAC.

So i was thinking, can i use the E7 + E9 as a DAC to feed the stereo amplifier? If yes, how can i do this? If i connect my computer by the USB to the e9 than the RCA outputs could supply the amplifier as a pre-out? Im kinda lost here, if someone can help ill be glad.

Tnks!

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
ricardovaz said:
Hello there, i own a HD650 + E9 + E7... Im going to buy a stereo system using my PC as main source of music (FLACs).

Im thinking in buying a stereo amp Marantz PM6004 + KEF Q300 but i will need a DAC...

The problem is that i dont want to spend money now with a DAC.

So i was thinking, can i use the E7 + E9 as a DAC to feed the stereo amplifier? If yes, how can i do this? If i connect my computer by the USB to the e9 than the RCA outputs could supply the amplifier as a pre-out? Im kinda lost here, if someone can help ill be glad.

Tnks!
Just connect the computer to the USB port of the E9 and connect any of the line level inputs of the Hi-Fi amplifier via the RCA line out sockets on the E9. It will then just act as a DAC with a fixed level line out and the volume control on the E9 will do nothing.

A

Anonymous

Ive tried that and didnt work as expected... Ive tried using both e7 and e9 together receiving signal from pc and plugging the RCA out to the stereo but i got a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery low volume, almost none. The only way that works was plugging only the e7 by the usb than a 3.5mm cable to rca on the stereo. The problem is that the E7 is working as a amp, bcause his volume control works...

A

Anonymous

with headphones plugged in, the e7+e9 works perfectly, but i want it to work with my stereo amplifier, no headphones plugged in, just like an external dac

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
ricardovaz said:
with headphones plugged in, the e7+e9 works perfectly, but i want it to work with my stereo amplifier, no headphones plugged in, just like an external dac
And so it should with it connected as previously mentioned, my one does. Try using the 3.5mm pre-out socket and turn the volume control of the E9 up to max, this gives a normal line level output. I'm thinking your E9 is faulty, but try the Pre-out to see if you get any joy, just make sure you don't have any headphones plugged in as they will mute the output from the pre-outs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts