Featuring .............. Norah Jones

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
yes nice album,a bit of a grower,the Q-Tip track is a fav of mine its about 2 yrs old,she has a great voice but can sound all he same track after track,this album will up set sum Norah Jones purists.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
DavidNorway:yes nice album,a bit of a grower,the Q-Tip track is a fav of mine its about 2 yrs old,she has a great voice but can sound all he same track after track,this album will up set sum Norah Jones purists.

I've never been much of a fan, sniffily distancing myself from the massive selling debut album with it's soft-jazz stylings, and simultaneously missing out on a great voice. Fast-forward six years to this year and the latest album by one of my favourite bands, Belle & Sebastian. And there she is, track 5. I had deliberately avoided any reviews prior to hearing the album myself, so I was completely unprepared for her surprising appearance.

It's now one of the highlights of a superb B&S album. I might even give my wife's copies of Norah's other albums a listen, now I've conquered my fear of what I hitherto dismissed as bland.

SteveR750

Loved the first album, 2nd one not so good, lacking an edge too it, sounded like her and the band were just going through the motions. Lonestar is one of the highlights indeed, though I prefer both M Peyroux's voice and choice of songs

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
SteveR750:Loved the first album, 2nd one not so good, lacking an edge too it, sounded like her and the band were just going through the motions. Lonestar is one of the highlights indeed, though I prefer both M Peyroux's voice and choice of songs

Yes, Madeleine Peyroux is the thinking man's Norah, and her last album featured Walter Becker, albeit briefly. So she can't be all bad.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
This Norah album is growing on me - it's currently heading from a Spotify listen to a purchase (once the price comes down after it's been out a few weeks
emotion-5.gif
)

F

FunkyMonkey

Charlie Jefferson:Madeleine Peyroux is the thinking man's Norah, and her last album featured Walter Becker, albeit briefly. So she can't be all bad.

Hmmm, interesting opinion. If anything, Norah's music is more variable per album, more interesting musically, if not alway lyrically.

I have Norah's first album on SACD. Sadly, a rare and virtually now-non-existent treat for non-classical SACD fans.

Will check out the new one from a supermarket near me tonight.

A tip: Avoid the album she is given 2nd credit on with a band who's name I forget...."xxx featurign Norah Jones". Terrible.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
We ended up using one of her albums quite a bit in testing last year (I forget the name, was goldy coloured), not amazing but not bad either, had some nice closely recorded vocals with a lot of subtle detail and I used it to see if things were too sibilant. We tend to get a few albums we stick with for each new range, does tend to ruin them for future listening though
emotion-6.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts