faulty onkyo 875 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
have just been watching tv as normal through onkyo when reciever started playing up 1st sreen on reciever went blank then reciever remote packed up.surround sound and all buttons on unit still seem to work ok.any ideas ?

A

Anonymous

I had the same thing a while ago, except the remote still worked. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced it.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
have you pressed the button might be direct can't rem that turns everything off picture display and only leaves sound? pressed one of the other input button on remote so no longer set to the amp? otherwise has it over heated - try factory reset if nothing prob needs to go back!

A

Anonymous

yea thought that myself at first but already checked that. then remote also packing up think i have got faulty unit

A

Anonymous

ive got an 875 and after keeping a close eye on many forums they appear to be a bit dodgy on QC front, many people have had issues with many differnt faults! i know that people shout louder and complain more when they have problems but these onkyos do seem worse than normal!

A

Anonymous

Really? Please could you give a summary of the types of faults you've seen reported?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
garethwd: i know that people shout louder and complain more when they have problems but these onkyos do seem worse than normal!

Or possibly just that Onkyo has sold stacks of receivers recently, so you see more problems reported.

A

Anonymous

Thats a possible i grant you! but their has been a couple of pep's onother forums that have had multiple recivers!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well we've had several samples of each of the --5 models, and I've had a very early 875 in daily use for a year or so now, and had no problems at all

A

Anonymous

must just be unlucky only been using reciever for about 7 weeks

A

Anonymous

Ive had no issues with mine! Im not saying they all break or anything of the sort! just an observation of mine that over on another forum where there is a 2000 post thread on the 875 there seems a disproportionatly large number of people that have had issues. recivers going up in smoke or the display conking out. But you could well be right and it could be due to large amount sold!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts