Faulty CD player

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
I have a problem with my Densen CD420 CD player (about 3 years old). Many CD's seem to jump and/or stick and then a loud electrical noise comes out through the speakers. It seems to happen around the middle/latter half of the SD. I've tested the CD's on a Bose Wave in a nother rrom and it doesn't happen. Any suggestions? The dealer is no longer trading and I bought the Densen half-price in the sale.

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mate,

You could try taking the lid off and giving it a quick clean with a soft paint brush and maybe a can of compressed air. However it sounds like it could be more of a hardware problem but you could certainly give the cleaning a try.

Good Luck.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
It could be that the lubricant on the laser rail has dried up. My CD player had this problem (humidity caused the grease to deteriorate).

If that's the case with yours, it's an easy fix. Just remove the top case of the player, remove what's left of the grease on the laser rail with alcohol on a cotton bud. then use a teflon based lubricant to replace the grease. I used THIS. Spray a little onto a cotton bud and apply.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
cse:I have a problem with my Densen CD420 CD player (about 3 years old). Many CD's seem to jump and/or stick and then a loud electrical noise comes out through the speakers. It seems to happen around the middle/latter half of the SD. I've tested the CD's on a Bose Wave in a nother rrom and it doesn't happen. Any suggestions? The dealer is no longer trading and I bought the Densen half-price in the sale.

Jumping and/or sticking is probably down to a dirty laser and can be sorted easily with a cleaning disc. There could also be some burnt on dirt and if thats the cast you will need to strip the machine down and use a cotton bud or something to that effect to clean it.

Electrical noise, not sure sorry.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
They're all pretty much the same, although prices can vary dramatically. They're just a cd with a row of soft bristles attached to the underside of the disc.

HERE's one for ya.

TRENDING THREADS