Fantasy Hi-Fi - dipping into the transfer market: Are You Selling or Buying or both?

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Fantasy HiFi - Transfers

Bedroom Fi Out
: midfield - Fosi V3 : leftwing - Dali Zensor 1
Bedroom Fi In: midfield - Atoll IN100SE : leftwing - Dali Oberon 3

Put on the Transfer List: MAG IPTV 520W1

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Out: Half the attic! Marantz NR1608 and Naim Unitilite that haven't been used in ages. Mission SX3 speakers.
In: HiFi Rose or Eversolo. Probably both!
My local hifi shop sells hifi rose. I've said before in another thread if I had the money to replace my hifi it would be a hifi rose streamer. The shop has one constantly playing, hooked up to a pair of Fyne Audio book shelf speakers it sounds great, although I'd love to actually hear it in the demo room and not just on the shop floor surrounded by second hand hifi gear.

Reactions: Jasonovich

AJM1981

I am quite there when it comes to hi-fi and don't really believe in improvements given the gear I have now.

But it is a fantasy topic.. so maybe

I would maybe replace the Arylic A50+ amp for an Arylic pre-amp, so I can permanently use my 70s Pioneer amp for the only reason that it looks great and has headphones connector. But if I would practically do that, I would realise how non-sensical that is to have an old class B amp which (despite being lighter) is more power hungry instead of a great class D amp.

matthewpianist

I don't feel any urge to make changes at this time - I'm enjoying the music so much, and funds don't permit discretionary spend even if I wasn't.

If I was feeling flush I might consider a Cambridge EVO 150 or NAD M10 with a Denon DCD600NE, but I'd have to be convinced of real improvement first. If really flush I would move towards Linn, again with a Denon CD player.

I wouldn't part with my Mission QX1s for anything, unless I could afford GoldenEar DBXs.

newworld

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I have three separate systems and like to mix and match between them. Currently, Triangle BR03 is on its way out and in its place Acoustic Energy AE109 mk2 will be coming in. I started my journey with Aegis Evo 3 and after using bookshelf speakers in many different guises I've come full circle to floorstanders. But I've also added Spendor Classic 4/5 to my collection. I'm a mess.

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Oh no, the transfer market is only days old and I couldn't resist.
Mytec brooklin bridge in at the front end playing alongside the Avid ingenium plug n play , the Novafidelity n15d on the bench with a view to being put on the transfer market.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
IN - TODN 6N 8AWG OCC Speaker Cable (Danish) - new Bed-Fi cables for the Dali Oberon 3
TRANSFERRED - Krüger& Matz 15AWG OFC Speaker Cable (Polish) - relegated to AV rear speakers
OUT - Van Damme Blue Series Studio Speaker Cable - the Muscle from Brussels to the best bidder on eBay
1704304950048.png1704305220178.png

1704305704652.png

UPDATE:
Made adjustments as per JJBomber 😊👍

Last edited:
Reactions: nopiano
Buying - the bargaintastic little amp from Fosi Audio, the v3. It’s so tiny I can hardly believe it works, let alone sound so flippin’ amazing. Not much bigger than a CD case in plan view.

A quick pic from yesterday evening before I connected the power supply, but with speakers and streamer wired up. Even the cables cost more than the amp, never mind the streamer at 50 times the price!

IMG_1571.png

jjbomber

IN - TODN 6N 8AWG OCC Speaker Cable (Danish) - new Bed-Fi cables for the Dali Oberon 3
OUT - Krüger& Matz 15AWG OFC Speaker Cable (Polish) - relegated to AV rear speakers
TRANSFER - Van Damme Blue Series Studio Speaker Cable - the Muscle from Brussels to the best bidder on eBay
Shouldn't it be TRANSFER for the Kruger & Matz, which has been transferred to the AV rears?
Shouldn't the Van Damne be OUT the door and down the post office?

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Buying - the bargaintastic little amp from Fosi Audio, the v3. It’s so tiny I can hardly believe it works, let alone sound so flippin’ amazing. Not much bigger than a CD case in plan view.

A quick pic from yesterday evening before I connected the power supply, but with speakers and streamer wired up. Even the cables cost more than the amp, never mind the streamer at 50 times the price!

View attachment 5834
I can vouch that it is an amazing power amp. It punches way above its weight and more.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Shouldn't it be TRANSFER for the Kruger & Matz, which has been transferred to the AV rears?
Shouldn't the Van Damne be OUT the door and down the post office?
Yeah I have to agree with you, it's logical. I thought the KMs are not going any where, They were on the B team but demoted to the C team. Yes it's a transfer and agree VDs are out! 😉

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
That’s what I’d been hearing, including from folks whose ears I respect and/or systems I’ve heard.

I can’t see it listed in your signature - what part of your system did you use it in? And did you use the beefier 48v power supply or the standard one?
I had one, loved it but I got the upgradislatis itch : - sold it off on eBay and got the Atoll about 10 times the price.
I was using the 32v rather than the 48v but it was suffice for the Dali Zensor 1, which I also sold!

Yeah the Atoll (and the Dali Oberon 3) was the Christmas pressie nobody was going to buy for me so I treated myself :)

V3s have nice open sound really detailed, I was really gob-smacked by the sound coming out of that cigarette packet, it belies belief. It's a good buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts