Fancy IEC plugs....

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
I was very kindly sent a free gift from a hi-fi magazine for being a loyal subscriber. It's an Isotek IEC plug. Let's say that I am open minded but sceptical about this sort of thing.

My question is, should I use it on the mains lead going to my Naim SuperNait (the original mains lead supplied). Alternatively I could use it on the Russ Andrews classic powerkord that I have going in to my Sonos ZP90 (although it would then go into an IEC->fig 8 adaptor, so not sure if that would defeat the purpose)?

It just uses some king of clamping of the wires (i.e. not soldered or anything), but it's made from good materials apparently - 'pure copper' this, '24c gold plated' that etc.

What do people think? Worth a go, or pure unadulterated snake oil?

Cheers, Dan.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I do believe in mains cables due to all the testing ive done, but I seriously doubt youll tell a difference by changing the IEC

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
If you are able to fix the Isotek IEC on yourself without fuss then it is "worth a go" - though as aliEnRIK says, highly unlikely you'll hear any difference. You can then rewire the existing IEC or stick with the Isotek, which should at least be a well-made product for what it's worth. It's just a component part, use it if you want, bin it if you don't.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
http://www.oyaide.com/e_audio/audio_products_files/pc-004.html

It's plated with platinum and palladium, surely the more expensive the precious metal used te better it must sound
emotion-4.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Dan Turner,

Do you have anything to lose by trying it out? It's YOURS and it's FREE.

It would put to rest - at least as far as you are concerned, between what the 'perceived difference' might be against your own evaluation of what the 'real difference' is.

Ronald

A

Anonymous

the oyaide products that ID mentioned are extremely good quality japanese products,i know i use them,the different plating materials used on the plugs and iecs can be used for fine tuning your system,that may upset some people but its true,i know ive tried them,they come highly recommended.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually a big Oyaide fan, and although I haven't used their power points, I use an Oyaide Tunami GPX power cable and Tunami speaker cables, the isolating feet my amp stands on are Oyaide (which have some interesting claims, but seem to work as claimed) as well as an Oyaide power block =)

I agree they are all good quality products and everything I've used has been very effective and of high quality, but I do like to play devils advocate and see people's reactions.

I love the idea of platinum plated plugs, etc. but have no idea what the actual electrical properties and benefits of platinum may be

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts