failing onkyo 606

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
My onkyo 606 on screen display died a while back & now i can't run my blu-ray player through the amp because i get error code U73 on the blu-ray player, it works straight into the tv, so now i'm not sure what to do.

I've just phoned genserve about repair & they said it would be about £100 before parts, £30 for transport their & back & £70 just to look at it.

So not sure weather to take it down the tip & get a new one or get it repaired.:(

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I doubt they'll guarantee to fix it for that either... It might be worthwhile upgrading (look at last year's models - Denon 2311s are decent money), or go to eBay and see what's available second hand and working. You may be able to sell yours for spares?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I got the amp repaired at a cost of £117, i'm a bit reluctant to put it back in the rack though as it's only 7 1/2" high, so not sure what to do i can either wall mount the tv leaving space on the top shelf for the amp, which i don't want to do as it;s rented accomodation or i can get a new rack, i would like a solid oak one built to order but that will be expensive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts