Extreme battery drain on iPad 2

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I've encountered severe battery drain in the last few days when using or not even using my iPad.

Several online threads elsewhere report similar problems in relation to ios5 but mine seem to have occurred since I activated iCloud.

I've tried to restore my iPad and drain the battery to zero and fully recharge it overnight. That seemed to work but now the extreme battery drain is back with a vengeance.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

Paul.

How is iCloud setup? Is it set to push, or auto check?

Is it a 3g? Are any of the location based reminders set up? Find my freinds enabled?

Appologies if this is obvious to you.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Paul,

My iCloud account was set up but not activated. All notifications & locations are always off.

So I'm puzzled and concerned about this excessive battery drain. I will persist with a few more online searches, as I believe this problem is shared by others using ios5.0.1, but if that continues to draw a blank it looks like I'll have to return the unit to where I bought it from.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
John Duncan said:
I have 5.0.1 but no iCloud, and can't say i'm seeing this problem. Genius bar, I'd say

Yes, spoke to Apple today and they are going to replace my iPad forthwith.

All diagnostics indicate "dodgy" battery. The very urbane Aussie on the tech line was most efficient in dealing with my malfunctioning Pad but went to considerable lengths to assure me this wasn't a common problem. In no way, in point of fact, could he or anyone at Apple possibly countenance there being a link between iOS5 and battery drain. I almost felt I had to repeat this mantra back to him before he would sign me up for a "carry in" swap at my nearest store.

The evangelical zeal of the Apple-ite in full effect. But at least my issue shoud be resolved.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
With the iCloud you only backup when connected to the computer with wifi on , though you can still use icloud features while you operate your iPad through wifi or 3G it won't backup

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts