Extra speakers on a home cinema setup

davidrspencer01

Oct 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I have a SONY STRDN1050 home cinema amplifier (7.2) connected to a 6.1 KEF KHT2005 set of speakers: sounds great for surround sound home cinema. However, in order to take advantage of the built in SPOTIFY service on the home cinema amp: I'm wondering about making my amp 5.1 by removing a speaker and adding 2 floorstanding speakers to listen to music from the SONY amp either by SPOTIFY or my plugging in a CD. Is this a viable option or is a home cinema amp more likely to give me home cinema sound rather than a decent stereo amp sound?

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
davidrspencer01 said:
Hi, I have a SONY STRDN1050 home cinema amplifier (7.2) connected to a 6.1 KEF KHT2005 set of speakers: sounds great for surround sound home cinema. However, in order to take advantage of the built in SPOTIFY service on the home cinema amp: I'm wondering about making my amp 5.1 by removing a speaker and adding 2 floorstanding speakers to listen to music from the SONY amp either by SPOTIFY or my plugging in a CD. Is this a viable option or is a home cinema amp more likely to give me home cinema sound rather than a decent stereo amp sound?
have you tried this with what you have,cd or spotify should sound pretty good from the sony,just make sure the amp is set to auto or stereo see what you think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts