External DACs

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
In have read with interest a number of threads regarding external DACs and yet I appear to be unable to find any reference to them in the mag in the ratings section at the back. Are they there and I just can't find them? If not, would it be worth reviewing a few and extending the ratings section to include external DACs, especially given the increasing tendency for using the PC as an audio source? I, for one, would be interested in a review of the highly regarded Beresford DAC for starters.

A

Anonymous

I agree with you. There should be a test of affordable dacs, preferably in combination with a pc/mac as a source. I mainly use the pc and mac and it sounds very pleasing to my ears!
What hifi used to rate the following dacs very highly:
-Audio Note Dac one 1
-Tag Mclaren audio CDT20r-T2L
New quite expensive, but 2nd hand more affordable.According to a German audiomag the musical fidelity X-dac V3 and especially the V8 are the ones to go for. I use the tascam/teac usb-144 midi device myself as a dac for my pc- this gives very good performance per pound. Other pc options: Edirol FA-66 or Emu's 0404 USB. For the beresford you will have to rely on other forum members' opions for now.What hifi give us some usb/external dac reviews!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts