EXTERNAL DACS FOR COMPUTERS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have slowly but surly given up to the growing trend of computers with music but the harshness off trebble is putting me off. I have installed SRS sandbox on my computer but still lack the dynamics and emotion of music that mp3 produces. I have decided that an external DAC will be able sort this out but which one. e-bay offers a couple from china but what are they like or should i go with my own country.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I'm not going to be much help but if you type a relevant phrase into the search box it should throw up a few discussions on this topic. there are devices by trends audio and beresford that seem well regarded. try searching for those on here perhaps. i tried srs and another similar prog (forget the name) but was left with the impression such software "distorts" rather than "enhances" the sound. I havent invested in a separate DAC myself yet, hence the patchy answer. Good luck.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="musicnut123"]
I have slowly but surly given up to the growing trend of computers with music but the harshness off trebble is putting me off. I have installed SRS sandbox on my computer but still lack the dynamics and emotion of music that mp3 produces. I have decided that an external DAC will be able sort this out but which one. e-bay offers a couple from china but what are they like or should i go with my own country.
[/quote]

MP3, that was the technology for 90s. With storage devices' prices hitting the floor, its better to get a bigger hard drive and have raw wave or at least lossless files.
Another thing you could do is, get a dedicated card. There are many that do decent sound cards. Please remember, a laptop playing MP3s using an on-board soundcard is NOT an alternate to a dedicated hi-fi (that would be taking it a little too far).
All chinese products are not bad. But you could do with tried and tested Baresford. Many forummers here heed that DAC in good regard.

A

Anonymous

I dont know that this is in you interest or price range but you could always entertain the thought of getting a portable headphone amp with built in DAC. I dont know if you are using headphones but if you are and it is in your budget then I say this would be a good idea. There are a few off the top of my head that I know have a built in DAC and they are the following:

Headamp Pico

iBasso D1

Headphonia

and Meier Audio has a few.

I dont know its reputation here but Ive heard that the Zero 24 Bit /192 KHz DAC is a good, realtively low price DAC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts