Exposing the fallacy behind the design of small speakers

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
i think i have to totally agree with your evaluation of the matter refered, i think there´s more to it ,

about most of the families having not room for a dedicated space for music listening as i have a system in my common living room but with kids out of the house a lot of space is free now and i have a big listening room , around 43 square meters,

which allows me to install any type of equipment ,older or new or inbetween , what i call to late 80´s and 90´s bought material , when younger i had a more smaller house and i had a system in my living room and other in my bedroom.

Space was only a problem when kids got older , but a good deal apeared and bought a very big house and old , when all ready to move only my youngest daughter was still living with us. Due to her area of studies i think she will never return home .

Most of the people i know are always in doubt about what to buy ,some spend a lot of money and have a dull sound with almost no dynamics ,

what i notice that changed the most his the instalation of their systems, i never had speakers on stands unless they were linear phase as technics called it in the 70´s ,there were also studio monitors that didn´t demand that room and could deliver well the sound perfectely refering mainly to Yamaha and JBL normally installed on the sides of the studio mixing board, but those were really expensive.

In the past i used to put a speaker in each corner of the living room a litle apart as i heard if the bass wasn´t covering other frequencies and always big speakers and the sound would be perfect and by the opinions i heard through out the years , all people and friends that i knew always refer to the sounf of my stereo equipment as being very good or perfect .

i tried recentelly to make my equipment bought in the last 4 years like it´s now said to be done and i notice a problem in recordings with more filled sound , those litle but powerfull speakers aren´t that good for this type of sound, also recordings from the 80´s to the 90´s increased a lot the bass , so i think i do not like much the sound of litle speakers as they seem perfect with more simple recordings like acoustic or rock but traditional sound type ,

newer bands are now using a more filled sound that sometimes seem a litle noisy when hearing them through litle speakers, first i thought it was the equipment but now i´m sure it is the speakers,

as i conected a AT-100 from cerwin-vega (late 80´s)with some old Exclusive Pioneer components and the sound flows with perfection , even cds seemed to sound better as i always had what was considered a good cd player but my 70´s, 80´s and some of the best rock bands that made it big in the 90´s do sound better in record than cd , the guitars sound seemed always strange,

but with 70´s material they do sound better , refering to the cds i bought from bands i already had in record that were a few and i never put them to play as they don´t sound good at all , i used to put new litle speakers on top of old with big woofers speakers and started to use equalizer that only felt i needed it in the 90´s ,when buying more cds

as i had them but never put them on , now i have some Elac that i saw them here being described and they do sound great but not all music sound good as i don´t have a style of music prefered ,i listen to all that sounds good to me, and knowing the brand as i have a amplifier bought in the 70´s from Elac that sounds really good ,so without a doubt i bought them as i always saw Elac as a good brand , but my opinion changed about more litle speakers with powerfull sound like 150 watts r.m.s. ,real ones not DIN or other type.

To end, the best speakers for me that are litle sized and never stoped amazing me are only two excluding studio monitors, the 79 SB-F3 from technics, this are ment to be on stands as they need to be at our ears level or hearing level (better) they even were sold with a tripod to adjust the level , higher or lower position ,

others are the 4ohms Mission 761 , the 760i aren´t good to me or not as good as the first 761, others are... well more or less depends on several factors and these i refer have strong bass if well positioned and with a minimum quality amplifier, sorry if i wrotte a lot , i sometimes find somethings important to the matter and also talk about them. sorry for that if too much

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts