Expensive Speakers paired with AVR

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all. Yesterday I visited a hi fi shop which carries speakers that I'm interested in. I simply walked in to ask some questions with regards to speakers, amplification and dacs. Since one of my highest interest are the Spendor's SA1, A5 and A6 we focused the most on the A6. My setup at the time consists of a 5.1 set up which I'm looking to improve the front two maybe front three speakers towards the end of the year. What I want to know how many of you out there have your speakers paired with an AVR instead of integrated amp/power amps? I'm talking about GBP1500+ speakers or over US$2000. From my understanding of what I have learned of what hifi is about is the better the speakers the better the amplification behind it. Towards the end of our conversation the dealer mentioned the A6's would be ran well with NAD avr costing around $2500. I have read in this website specifically when Spendor's, ProAc's, ATC's or PMC and others are mentioned so are Cyrus, Roksan, Naim, Bryston to go along with them. Since my setup would be used for music, movies and video games what is the best and appropriate route? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this fits your budget:

Arcam AVR400 with PMC for 3 front speakers.

Arcam/PMC are a great match and should do music and movies well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts