exiting amplifier

A

Anonymous

Maybe it's just not to your taste. What cables have you got on it? What do you mean by dull in the midrange? Undynamic?

jizer

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
the singers always sound like they are in the background,atlas speaker cable and qed interconects but would these really make much of a difference,and yes i would like it to sound more dynamic and foreward,

A

Anonymous

The Amp and CD are quite smooth, so it could be these that your not liking the presentation of. Did you try a home demo or listen to all the 3 components together, with the speakers?

A

Anonymous

try moving the speakers a bit further away from the back walls? .... I don't think cables will make a huge difference

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
how are your speakers positioned? as dimspan said, as a first stab at solving it.

edit: just seen your post, have you tried playing with toe-in? maybe try a atlas questor interconnect, quite well lit in the mids. if it's a bigger change then what a cable can provide, then you might have to change amp/speakers/whatever.

A

Anonymous

I still think it could be due to the room/speaker placement ... how big is your listening room?

jizer

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
i did listen to components at home but have since moved to a house where i now have dedicated music room which is smaller and has plasterboard walls

A

Anonymous

am sure someone here will advise, and am guessing that the problem could be with your room and not the equipment ....

there are cheap ways of improving room acoustics with bass traps etc

A

Anonymous

Experiment with speaker toe-in as you might prefer the sound with the tweeters aimed more directly towards you (if they're not already). Also, try sitting closer to them. General experimentation like this might help.